yesterday and this morning.
And, I have decided to call it "UME" (Japanese for plum--for the strip
color throughout ) and also for the Japanese backing I've used....
I have had this fabric for ages and never
wanted to cut into it.
So I used my one yard of it;
and then bordered it with a newer pinky-roses fabric...
to give it a more vintage look...
I love this scene by a faraway shore...
herons........
in flight..........
under the sailing moon.........
Very romantic, I feel....
Here is a closer look at the borders, top, bottom and sides...
and finally another scenic view :
So the 2nd top is readied to be layered...
*************************************************
And onto my third and last big top:
My SNOWBALLS
Tomorrow I will be stash diving once
again to find just the right
backing fabric(s) for
this one...
it measures 46.5" wide and
52"long...
These tops are all big ones...;-0000
I must say I am getting used to working with big pieces of fabric
YA THINK????:)))
****************************************
On the hand quilting front, since I've finished the hand quilting part of
Stone Soup
I took this out to work on
for Spring...
My little center butterfly gift from
that I surrounded with garden fabrics...
I am psyched to begin working on this one
Hugs, from SUNNY (YAY) CT,
Julierose, La blageuse (backing-euse)







That Japanese backing is just gorgeous. I would love that just as a whole quilt! The pinky roses are a perfect border for it. Of course, the UME is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful fabrics! You always make the most artistic quilts! Love them.
ReplyDeleteYour Japanese backing with floral borders is beautiful. Good luck finding stash fabrics for the other backs. YEAH for using what's in the stash.
ReplyDeleteYou do seem to have a lot of Japanese inspired fabric. Gorgeous quilts.
ReplyDeleteOooh, yummy backing! Love your plum postage top too!
ReplyDeleteWow, you’ve got so many beautiful projects going! I love the backing - both fabrics- for Ume!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful projects here, yes!
ReplyDeleteI have a friend named Ume.
Your butterfly garden quilt is gorgeous, I've enjoyed seeing your progress on that one.
What a fantastic bunch of projects! I love that Japanese backing, and the deep plum strips on the top and the colours in the snowballs and that big floral sashing. So much to like! Not forgetting your butterfly garden, of course, which I have always liked a lot.
ReplyDeleteYou are really on a role here Julierose!! Glorious colour for UME and the backing is perfect, love this. Snowballs have multiplied since I last saw it on the blog, looking good!! Pleased to see that you're back into stitching.
ReplyDelete