SPRING STRINGS
I am doing 2 per day for April....I find that each two take about
one to one and 1/2 hours-- between getting up to iron each seam and choosing from the leftovers...
[they are time consuming, but I only have one paper seam to rip off
as I fold the papers back before sewing, using the paper just to
measure each strip length...]
Right now I am trying to incorporate the "blues" leftover from Snowballs and
those mauves and/or purples from Stone Soup -- am trying not to
"dither about "too much in my choices...
AND
I want to use more of that yellow-blue mottled fabric that I hand dyed (in another lifetime--a Summer long ago when my daughter was into tie dying
in our backyard....fond memories of tee shirts and such)--
I think it lightens the whole shebang up a lot...
I haven't sewn these together as yet so I may be shuffling them about
(ya think? but that way may lead to utter madness...;000
what am I --crazee???).
********************************************
I just finished and mailed out that secret project this morning--I had started it
in January but then the EYES happened--so was happy to get this one done
and mailed out...
I will post a picture (and, of course, a story--wordy moi!!)
once my friend receives it...
******'********************************
It's not June in January" here-- it's JANUARY in APRIL!!
Constant wind right off Long Island Sound; so C O L D!!!
I did my exercise inside on my recumbent bike this morning after our
foray to Big Y to pick up a few items...
Thom is making his sauce for
our supper tonight and we needed plum tomatoes..
I cooked yesterday,
so he's taken over that today..
and tomorrow we will have the leftover
chicken and rice...so two days with no thinking of a menu
or cooking for me...
so
more sewing time and reading and diamond painting...AND
speaking of THAT --
I can SEE to diamond paint once again...;)))
Here's: My Little Christmas Girl
She's bringing a basket of goodies to a neighbor for the holidays...;))))
So cute...
Hugs to you all
Julierose, La Blageuse...(stringing along-euse)


So happy you are seeing again and enjoying your crafting. Even better when dinner is taken care of!
ReplyDeleteYour laser treatment has obviously worked well Julierose, you're on a roll with your stitching!! Love the colours in your string blocks.
ReplyDeleteYour Spring Strings is looking fabulous. I could look at all those fabrics and the clever design for hours. Gosh each little block takes a long time. Your goal of two a day will see it grow quickly. I am in love with the sweet needlepoint, little Christmas Girl. It evokes such happiness and joy!
ReplyDeleteLoving your strings. And that diamond painting is so cute. Glad you are back
ReplyDeleteThey’re looking good. Slow and steady will get them done.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have plenty of fun stuff to keep you busy! Kudos to your hubby for taking over kitchen duty!
ReplyDeleteOh, chicken and rice sounds good. I grew up with that, and have no idea how the mother made it other than boil a chicken, and cook the rice in the water near the end. How do you make it? Of course I know how to make chicken and yellow rice ala cubano. Do you put a coating on top of the diamond paintings? I saw a vendor at the sewing expo here who said you should, but I can't handle the odor.
ReplyDeleteLeeAnna
beautiful block and the painting. So glad you can see again
ReplyDelete