umbrella--I could not resist since I am making Spring Strings anyway.
I used the same paper blocks [5"] that I have been
using for my Spring Strings and my bountiful leftovers...
And a new piece is born--
{squirrelly moi--drop everything and do it}.
I think I will try to make a small scrappy rainbow of umbrellas..
what fun!!;))
*******************************
Here is the secret project I made for my blog friend, DAWN at [click]
for her birthday today and in memory of her little kitty, Phoebe,
who passed away ......;((((
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAWN.....;)))
I only hand quilted the white area around Phoebe..
Here is the reverse using the last of my favorite fabric--lower left is
a woman quilting, right is a man fishing, and at the top is a lovely
old-fashioned home....
isn't that just scrumptious?
I hope that this little piece will bring warm memories to Dawn and Rich....
of their beloved Phoebe............💙💙💙💔
****************************************************************
My Spring String blocks are mounting up at two/day.........
A rainbow of OJOS.
This Spring String piece is not as planned as my other pieces--
I am pulling haphazard pieces out of my mash-up of leftovers....
so a true scrappy one...
AND...........
I have a lot more strings leftover----
OH! ..............................and those little triangles
[that began their lives to become broken dishes--but no matter
how I tried ;(((( when I sewed them together
they came out all "skewgey"]
have just morphed into perfect little corners
for my Ojos work..PERFECT!!
Hugs from STILL COLD CT
Julierose, La blageuse (stringing-euse)







the first blocks like like fans , remember the one's they used in Church and that quilt for dawn is super sweet
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt for Dawn! Such a great birthday gift! So thoughtful of you. Love the umbrellas! Perfect for this weather!! The Spring String is coming along so nicely! You've got some great projects going on!!
ReplyDeleteCute umbrellas! I wish it would rain here. Everything is so dry.
ReplyDeleteYou made Rich and I cry with such a beautiful gift. I think Dunkin had a tear too
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this treasure. It had a place of honor in my sewing room where i can see it every day. Love your string projects.
Oh my goodness! Lots of fun stuff in this post, from a beautiful tribute for your friend's pet, to the cute little umbrellas . . . but your favorite fabrics that you just used up. YES!!! ABSOLUTELY SCRUMPTIOUS!! WOW!!
ReplyDeleteReally nice. Rainy here as well.
ReplyDeleteNice work and the kitty piece is sweet, very thoughtful.
ReplyDelete