About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

THURSDAY TOTALS

                     Luckily, I saved this one square for my Merry Month of May...
                   this is for the 13th and will be doing today's block later....

**********************************
                                             Four new 16-Patch Squared ....
                             I love how those leaves in the top left one
                                just came together--
                                   totally serendipity....;))) 
                                      12 of these done...

****************************************
And something beautiful to raise your spirits as it did mine;)))⇊⇊⇊
                   Here is the Mother's Day and Birthday bouquet my son
                       and family sent me....
                           I love those little white roses 
                                  and the snapdragons...;)))


***********************************
                    I now have 63 Courthouse Steps made.....
                      (7 by 9 = 63 ) which doesn't even come close
                        to covering even just the
                          top of our king bed....

                             I have put these on a bit of a hold ----
                               while I set up to quilt the SIL's 
                                 "Sailing into the Future" quilt
                                    I hope to set up Helga for
                                      quilting tomorrow, and work on it through
                                           this weekend...

  I want to get  this off of my dining table and get it D O N E!!!

**************************************************
We, at least, have a nice sunny day today (not even thinking about
the storms headed our way for tonight and tomorrow!!); 000
I hope to take a little stroll around my yard to see 
what is going on (if anything)
with my various little garden spots...

I hope you are staying safe ---

~ ~ ~ waving while walking~ ~ ~ ~ 
Julierose, La Blageuse (deciding on quilting-euse)


21 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks and great progress!
    And the flowers are heart warming, good combination and sweet colors.
    We have clouds and light sprinkles to keep the spring flowers fresh here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, storms?

    Love your projects, you have the best stash of elegant fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the flowers. . . so lovely. Seeing all your projects is very motivating. I spent the whole morning trying to prep two blocks for applique and they were just the tops of basket blocks with handles and flowers. I am running on empty today. Love the scene in the first block - so many nice fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful flowers mine got me potted ones so I could transplant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mother's Day arrangement is soooo pretty. That brightens our day :) You are making excellent progress on all of your blocks. I look forward to seeing your SIL's quilt all done...I'm sure you are as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks and gorgeous flowers! I'm not looking forward to those storms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks, and fabulous flowers, lucky you. I think my son forgot he had a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bouquet is gorgeous! Love your blocks, too. And when serendipity happens, it's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of beautiful blocks, as always. I hope the storms don't last very long, we all are in need of some beautiful sunshiny warm days with no cold north winds blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday for whichever day it is/was! Gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is the snowball block (first picture in your post) from the sew-along Pat Sloan is hosting? She has used some very interesting fabrics in her blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a nice Mother's Day. Those courthouse quilts - look pretty and pretty difficult to make. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic blocks, your color choices are wonderful! Such pretty flowers too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty flowers! Happy Birthday (belated)
    rainy morning here

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful bouquet! Pretty blocks, yes I love the way those leaves came together too. Good luck with your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birth Day wishes (albeit now belated ones....but don't we celebrate all month??). Another pretty center in your 'May' block.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your 16 patch blocks--are those French General fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love seeing the different blocks you've been making, Julierose! The 16 patch squared blocks are my favorites, I think. That's a beautiful bouquet of flowers, too! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. More beautiful eye candy in this post Julierose! I'm especially interested to see the Japanese style fabric in your top photo, I have a drawer full of prints like these and now you've given me an idea for using them! Lovely flowers and I can't believe you are now up to 63 Courthouse Steps!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.