About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, May 8, 2020

FORWARD ON A FRIDAY

                  All pinned and ready to either machine quilt or tie....
                                      Decisions, decisions..........

Since I threw my back out this morning ;0000 
{note to self: don't drop soap in the shower!!} 
I will have time to decide.....

********************************************
Last two Courthouse Steps for now--they number 58:

                             Really reaching into deep scrap stash
                               and using some of Wanda's (click) 
                                   lovely strips she gifted me.

************************************************
                            ↟↟↟  Yesterday's Merry Month of May  ↟↟↟
                                                    block-a-day

                                  Today, I set one up but I couldn't
                                      sit at the machine to sew it ;000

                                                 Here is the set up of today's :      ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
It is a lot brighter than the other ones....
    
*******************************************

Here are the next  two   "In A Square 16-Patch"  blocks
      I am working on....

[For those of you who asked how I used a jelly roll to make these....

Those squares are cut from sewing two long jelly strips together
then cutting that pair in half; and then sewing into four;
 and finally, then cut into 2.5" strips...
for the 16 patch block

The 8" squares are then cut diagonally 
to be sewn on on each side]
↧↧↧

Here is the result...
I am going to be calling this one:
"Garden Stroll"
I feel the corners above look like
garden stepping stones...

*****************************************************
I guess I will be resting and icing my back today...

Thom is cooking spaghetti sauce for me....
:)))))))))))))) YAY!!

Be careful and stay safe now

~ ~ ~ ~waving under gray and cloudy skies~ ~ ~ ~

Julierose, La Blageuse (ouchey-euse)

13 comments:

  1. yes, get it rested ! you and I am invalids! enjoy it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Sixteen Patch Blocks on point, lovely.
    Hope your back feels better soon!
    It's supposed to hit 90° here this afternoon, note to self, take walk early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I am so sorry. I drop things all the time. I guess I'm going to have to be more careful about the way I pick them back up. Who would think a shower could lay you low for the rest of the day. I didn't realize the May blocks were so large, I like them even better. Love the aqua in the log cabin block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your back. Hope you recuperate quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love "Garden Stroll". Take care of that back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do hope that your poor back eases very soon, nothing makes us feel our age, or older, than a bad back!
    The zig zag quilt looks great, perhaps some simple walking foot quilting up and down the zig Zags might be just the things? I've never tried a quilt, not sure if I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear - I'm so sorry you hurt your back! That is so painful I know having done that too many times. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your ZigZag quilt! SEW sorry you've hurt your back!! Here's hoping that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, rest your back and ice; that is no fun, especially when it spoils the quilting fun. Your blocks are looking lovely! Hope you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Julierose you've been posting like crazy and it seems as if it's quite a few days since I read blog!s! You are keeping busy with a collection of wonderful projects and I'm off to make a cup of tea and sit and read through your back posts. Two more beautiful Courthouse Steps here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Garden Stroll! In fact I love all the blocks you make. Oh nooooooo on your back. :( Hot showers too? I was just looking in my pantry to decide if I wanted to make spaghetti sauce today, and this is my confirmation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope your back is better soon - ouch. I have back issues too and they are a bummer.
    can't believe how much your doing at once

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.