About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, May 23, 2020

IT'S A RAINY AFTERNOON

                                      Working on:  My cross stitch Butterfly

                   I have been doing a lot of hand quilting lately
                            and I feel the need to  change 
                                         it up for a bit....
Here follows---
The Back Story:
                                                                 ↡↡↡↡

                               I had gotten this kit quite a while ago....
                                        So so pretty, and in the stamped
                                                  cross stitch I prefer doing...
BUT 
every 👹time I took it out I found
it to be SO big and SO unwieldy 
that I would fold it
up and put it away...😢 sadly......

It did not come with any floss, but as I have been embroidering with DMC floss
for a very long time [this was the very first craft that my Grand-mere taught me]
I have many colors tucked away...

When I took it out a few days ago--
I decided to cut the butterfly blocks apart...

WHY NOT???? I didn't want to work on it
as it was anyway--
and--
the blocks were marked with blue dotted outlines--
so this was a simple fix-- and now it is a lot easier to handle...

But wait...where were the instructions and the chart for DMC colors...????
I looked👀 high and I looked 👀 low-- Nowhere to be found
  👹
[And, evidently, they are still hiding in that place where all our "lost" items go...]

BUT, I do have the picture;  and I've decided to do all the
black outlining first. 

[Obviously putting off the color
choices I will have to make on my own. ]

So,  that is where I am starting with this. 

It seems that I will be improving again--
this time, in my embroidery ---
figuring out the colors from only the picture...;0000
WISH ME LUCK....💝

~ ~ ~ Waving in the torrential rains~ ~ ~  
Julierose, La Blageuse (stitching the afternoon away-euse)




11 comments:

  1. I think you have a good plan in place - look at photos of butterflies online and pick the ones you like the best to help guide your color choices (never mind the photo that came with the kit).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the project, but , so sorry to rain on your enthusiasm---I think the black running stitches are at times laid over the colored Xs so the black lines should be done last? Anyway your color choices will be beautiful.

    Clearing here, sunny skies following your way.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you'll do a me and try to remember to be thinking of what you're searching for just before you go to sleep - and often I wake up in the middle of the night with the answer. Then the trick is to remember it come morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching your butterfly progress with intert, I've never done cross stitch before. But I do have a couple of stamped place mats tucked away, wonder if I can manage to stitch them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sunny today here and got up into the 80's.
    Your butterflies will be beautiful, fun project.
    And choosing the colors yourself? Exciting! Oh oops,
    I mean how 'difficult.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I actually did embroider this piece years ago and then left it be (I didn't want to use it as a tablecloth) a few years ago, I found it again and put it in a quilt. I'm really interested in seeing what you do with yours! I don't have the instructions left anymore but I'm sure you will make do! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great solution, and now you will enjoy working on it. I'm sure you will make do without the instructions just fine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe that color chart will turn up? I should be stitching something in the evenings... maybe too many choices. Those butterflies will be lovely no matter what you choose to do with them. I would have cut them apart also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. always fun to figure out your own colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutting it apart is a great solution! Then you can use them any way you want, even sew them all back together if you chose to when they are stitched.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.