About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

FLASHBACK-- String "Along With Me, I'm On My Way To The Stars"

 
I just put this 
Sea Stars string quilt
out on my dining table 
for the warmer weather...
this was
Such a fun quilt to make...

[kudos to my DH who 
is the quilt holder
for me!!]

Here are my Early Spring
blocks that I am presently
working on...
Nothing has seemed to be going well
with my quilt projects lately

So, when all else fails...
Go To The Strings...
👵

They are just placed
any which way up
on my design wall...
as I make them...

I began them when I was  trying to follow
Ann's "Fret Not Yourself" [blogspot]
quilt along for string tulips and
string blocks-- 
BUT...
The Tulips did not want to come out for me...
😥

So, instead--
I am continuing with these 
early spring colored blocks
to use up my low volume
strings...

I have 12 more to make and am
totally enjoying this journey
I L O V E 
stringing on
telephone papers
💖💘💓

********************
We are having a spate of gorgeous weather
here and despite my allergies 
I am able to sit out a bit...

I hope this finds you enjoying Springtime
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(stringing-along-euse)






16 comments:

  1. Your string blocks and star string quilt are all so petty! The new pale blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your low volume string blocks are really pretty. I always like an easy project I can pick up when nothing else is screaming for priority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sea Stars quilt is beautiful! I love all the blues in it. The pretty, soft Spring colors you're working with now look perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strings are fun. Yours look great. We grilled out last night. Ribeyes and summer squash, peppers and onions.yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. String blocks are marvelous - never mind about the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the string blocks - so pretty! As for allergies - I've heard a number of people saying online that they're finding their allergies are much better while they've been using masks. Might be worth a try?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts - I have yet to see a string quilt I didn't like and admire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're both great! I really like the randomness of the second one. String blocks are really great for that and it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm enjoying gorgeous autumn weather here. It will be fun to see what your new strings turn into.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the string blocks as well as your string quilt! Beautiful work! Doesn't it feel like summer???

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Sea Stars quilt, and like you, I go to my strings when all else fails! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Choosing a coordinated and limited palette of scraps has made this a beauty. Such a change from random selection from the scrap bag. So sophisticated. I can’t wait to see the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the pastel colors of the blocks you're working on now. There are just so many ways to use strings! Lovely Sea Stars quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spring-coloured strings are lovely, even without tulips. Sometimes it's best to do what feels right and not force things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great string star quilt!
    the soft palate is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.