About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, October 3, 2021

HUGS FROM THE HEATING PAD

 
Finally, I got this one
sewn together....

S  I  G  H...
šŸ‘šŸ˜“šŸ˜„

{I am getting VERY IMPATIENT
with this sciatica and my
strained ankle, calf and glutes
YA THINK??? 
PT was a real
bust for me....
😰😱}

I don't know if Autumn Bounty 
could use a border
or not, but that will have to wait until
I can be up and cutting once more.
****************************

AND
I have been working on my
scrappy stash bags with tiny
bits and pieces and narrow strings...
little by very little...
↓↓↓↓
Sorted by color;
just a few little blocks at a time 
and then sewn together--
 higgeldy-piggeldy..;)))
Not trimming as yet...

I have no idea how I will use 
these crumb blocks, but
I figure that
they are better sewn
together instead of all in a 
big MISH-MASH in
plastic baggies...
and my meds make it
difficult to come to
any decisions anyway lately...😨


Here is my working station so
I don't have to get up and
down frequently...
And so it goes.


******************************
T H E N 

This Christmas diamond painting
is coming together slowly also...
5-10 minutes here and there...

And
I almost have that top 
quarter section done...

You can just make out the 
Santa underneath that
parchment paper..
[you can enlarge photos if you are
interested].
**********************
Still on resting the injured
leg and trying to walk just a 
little bit with a cane to 
relieve the swollen
ankle.

Hugs, Julierose
(Quiltus- Interruptus-euse)






21 comments:

  1. I love all your projects. Hoping the healing goes quickly and you are up and raring to go. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you are still dealing with. Little bits of working on the projects here and there are helping I'm sure. Hope the healing continues along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bits and pieces. You have such lovely colors combined on the ironing board. I've tried doing this before and my blocks never turn out as nice as these, they just looks like a mess. You have the knack! I'm so sorry the healing is taking so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your projects are so pretty and colorful. Little bits is probably the best thing for you right now and big things will come later. Sometimes PT by the wrong person(s) makes problems worse. They need to listen more and do individual research instead of set routines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn Bounty is just gorgeous, Julierose! I'm so sorry that you're still having so much pain and issues from the PT. That really doesn't seem right. Glad you're still figuring out ways to sew, though. I love your crumb blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ARE having a rough go of things . . . try to be gentle with yourself (even though I totally get the impatient part).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sorry to hear about your back and leg troubles~
    You have lovely project to keep you company, but I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK do I want to know how you got all hurt? Was it from PT? Like your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, Julierose and be kind to yourself. Little bits are a good way to keep ticking over until you feel more like something bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing well to get anything done whilst you are still so uncomfortable. Absolutely love those crumb block! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time but still impressed that you're doing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling better soon! So frustrating when the body won't mend like we want it to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness, Julierose. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well...hope you get better quickly. Those are some lovely crumb blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely projects, you are amazing how you manage to persevere. I was very happy to see your post. But saddened that you still feel in pain.

    What are these ''people'' thinking? When I had the three hour difficult eye exam last month, the techs made me hold uncomfortable positions, leaning forward and up---balanced w one arm. My shoulder is still in horrible pain, feels dislocated. What the heck? And I am so sorry my dire warnings about PT came true....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your 'bits and pieces' projects - always have loved scrappy quilts the best so these are right up my alley.
    As for Diamond Paintings - I saw somewhere that they're now making kits for Christmas ornaments with diamond dots. They'd be fun I think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Healing can be such a slow process, cant it, no wonder you are getting impatient. But as you know, slow and steady is the way it goes. I'm sending you a big cyber hug from afar, take care if yourself, and keep on enjoying your crafts as you rest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoping you heal quickly. Don't overdo.it will set you back. Pt sometimes isn't the answer and sometimes the individual isn't helping you. Rich told 2 gals he couldn't do what they asked because of pain and they labeled him uncooperative. Wish you could give them some of the pain so they would understand. Ughh. Thinking of you girl. Nice projects

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear about your injured leg and ankles Julierose! I have been unable to keep up with posts over the past two weeks or so and have missed knowing what has been happening with you. You're doing the best thing with small bouts of sewing and you have the diamond painting which is a change of pace for you. Hope you recover quickly!! Keep taking the meds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry that PT isn't helping. I have usually gotten some sciatica relief from it. I am hoping that you start feeling better soon. Keep stitching to try to take your mind off of your pain. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know how I missed this post. I love how your projects are progressing. I hope you feel better soon. Stitch when you can, rest when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Goodluck with the physio.... Sure hope things are improving soon......I like the scrap crumbs.....

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.