About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

NEED I SAY MORE???

 

Thank goodness for AC!!
The Heat Index Max alternates
with the following:
"Heat exhaustion probable"
πŸ‘ΊπŸ‘ΉπŸ˜§πŸ˜±πŸ˜°

****************************************
Meanwhile, inside I have finally 
opened my tea dye bundles:

Here are the results from my 
larger piece tea-dyeing...
these photos look washed out
on my screen--the browns
are deep, dark and chocolatey!!

I love the variations within each piece...

My plan is to 
make a little stitcheries;
to be sewn into a small 
wall hanging.

The biggest question is which
side to use, as both sides
are lovely....

I am thinking of white laces and white embroideries maybe with some
really light blues or pinks...

*****************************
Meanwhile I am making 
progress in
hand quilting my
"Pears Ojos"

The central bottom  two
squares are almost finished 
[click]

I even like how the backing is looking
All highly textured
;)))
hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(trying-to-stay-cool-euse)




 



16 comments:

  1. "Listen to the voice in your heart"
    --Anon--

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.. At 3:45 the "feels like" went up to 113!! Yikes!! Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dyed pieces are wonderful! So much variety both in design and color saturation. Very nice! I'm sorry about the weather, this has been quite a summer for high heat. Somedays I just lay in bed - spread eagle - and try to patiently wait till evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that's certainly hot! Stay inside and keep drinking water. Or do you have a nice shady area outside that's nice and cool to sit in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just miserable out there today! I'm also indoors with the A/C plugging away! I love your tea dyed fabric. Gorgeous! Stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the cooler air is heading your way later this week. Our day was so perfect with low humidity and cooler temps...I almost feel guilty telling you this. The map looked like everything east of the Mississippi River was going to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, that's hot! Stay cool - drink lots of water! Your tea-dyed fabric is really pretty. Do you have plans for it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is coming along nicely. Your tea dyed is pretty and fun too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pears Ojos is so pretty. And how neat to tea dye your fabric. Younger daughter won a number of gold medals in science fairs in senior high with a fabric dying project using all kinds of things to dye like tea, beet skins, moss, carrots, you name it she tried it. At every fair there would be some person/stitcher/quilter who would be very interested in her results. A number of folks are dying their own fabrics for cross stitching with great success too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been accomplishing a lot! I'm going to try your method of tea dyeing just for the fun of it. I've tea dyed before but always just a quick dip of the fabric in the tea.
    Try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your dyed fabric, great projects to work on.
    I am still working on wheel chair quilts, going to make my sis in law one. plus plenty for the nursing home

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I just love your tea dying results. And combined with lace...be still my heart!

    And the texture the hand quilting is giving to Pear Ojos is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man that is hot. I agree, thank goodness for AC. Your tea dying is very pretty. I like the background view of your quilting. All very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness that is hot! Hope it has cooled down a bit for you. Your tea dye looks great and the texture on your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's hot!! Your tea tie bundles have worked out beautifully, I love the subtle shapes seen ion the fabric and you will have such fun stitching on these, huge possibilities! Congratulation on the almost finished quilting on Pears Ojos - beautiful backing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tea dyed pieces, they look like marble. I would like to learn how to make and how to fix the new color to the fabric.
    Pear Ojos quilting is beautiful.
    OMG Julie, stay cool.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.