See, I look brand new! Not a scratch!
But, but,
but
I am deader than a doornail!!
πππ
Only five years old...and my compressor
went and the electronic board is
also gone!!
SO,
We need a new fridge,,,;000
The repair person recommended
Maytag or Whirlpool as he said
the LG's compressors are all
plastic and he's seen a whole
lot just go after 4-5 yrs...!!
Tom is out looking around as
I cannot go and just stand
as yet...my legs are getting
stronger, but not that good as yet...
I totally
trust him to choose us a
fridge if any are available..
After all.......
He chose our:
new dishwasher and stove
and clothes dryer.....
they all had to be replaced
in the past year...
πΉπΊπΎπΏ
Just too, too much...
Appliances are not made like they used to be...
Talk about built in obsolescence.!!!
************************************
Okay enough of THAT debacle!!!!
I added two more
Zipper blocks to my
batik collection
Bottom left and Bottom right...
this group will be all batiks....with
solids and hand dyed solids...
And************************
I finished my:
Winter Village page
Snow is just starting to fall in my mountain
village....
[click]
;)))))
***************************
Now to embellish my Christmas Village
below:
I have to give this some thought...
I am still wondering about the
two bird panel on the right???
A whole lot of that green....????
But, really, I cannot think right now...
YA THINK?????
We are so happy that Tom found this little
upright, back-up fridge--
It looks like we will be needing it
for a while....
and so it goes,
never a dull moment lately
it seems...
Hugs,
Julierose,
La blageuse
(gob-smacked-right-now-euse)





$$$$$$$$!!!!!!! yet again....
ReplyDeleteours is two doors ,,one is the freezer, the other a fridge
ReplyDeleteI feel for you - we had to replace the dryer, built in oven, and dishwasher almost back to back one winter season. That dishwasher is still functioning but the door has fallen apart and DH has it screwed together in places where screws are not normally seen - but it still works so we're hanging on until the model we really want becomes available. Hang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteNOT AGAIN! It is a beautiful refrigerator. . . but worthless now. How sad.
ReplyDeleteHope something can be found soon and at a decent price.
You are not alone- I was at a luncheon today with a group of women and the complaints about appliances were incredible! (Also, no service people available to fix appliances or plumbing!)
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the appliances. I used to buy top-of-the-line, but once I realized they don't last anymore, I started buying the cheap ones. It's really a shame. They design them to fail.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to read about your fridge woes, hope you didn't have too much in their which didn't keep. You've really had a year of it, havent you!
ReplyDeleteI have always sworn by Whirlpool (all of my appliances) and Maytag is essentially the same company. I hope your husband was able to find one. I just had to replace a 15 year old Whirlpool dishwasher... not because it was broken, but because the racks were leaving rust spots on my dishes. The new dishwasher is also a Whirlpool. So glad Tom was able to get the little fridge. Distract yourself with your sewing. Maybe add some more branches or dark leaves/flowers to cover some of the green by the birds.
ReplyDeleteOh no!!!!!!!!! I was so hoping you wouldn't need a whole new fridge. Six years is just plain ridiculous - talk about built-in obsolesence. I hope your DH is able to find a replacement without too much trouble. My friends had to wait over 6 months to get a new fridge but that could be because they wanted more features than what you do. Sending you positive thoughts.....
ReplyDeleteyou are so right about appliances these days...just look at sewing machines as well...my vintage viking died beyond repair and trying to replace it is a wasted effort....
ReplyDeleteKeep away from Samsung. That's what I have and I'm not impressed at all. I'm glad you can still work on your sewing and forget about appliances for a few minutes! Your projects are coming along nicely!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your fridge. I, too, have to get another one. This time, dh and I decided we are going to get a commercial fridge, the kind that are made for restraunts. They are built better and are easy to clean the condensor. So we are hoping it's going to last us a lot longer than a homemodel one. Just thought I'd throw that out there, maybe you'll find a commercial one is better too.
ReplyDeleteI’ve heard these problems so often lately. Ugh. I say a wee prayer everyday that my 23 year old fridge continues to hang on. They just don’t make them like they used to. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteRefrigerators are so expensive. That is a crime that parts aren't available to fix them, and a crime that it would fail so soon.
ReplyDeleteIt is certainly now a throwaway world. Nothing lasts anymore. Such a shame. Sorry you had to go thru this
ReplyDeleteI love the Winter Village piece! Maybe snow on the bare branches?
ReplyDeleteI hate spending money on appliances - it's always expensive and just no fun. I agree with you - I just want something that can be fixed instead of replaced.
ReplyDeleteThat is just awful about your refrigerator, Julierose. Thanks for letting us know about the repairman's recommendation. Your crafting projects are coming along nicely.
ReplyDeleteUgh on the refrigerator. All my major appliances are old and I live in fear that when the first goes, there'll be a domino effect and they will all fail one after another. You are very lucky your hubby was able to find the small fridge to tide you over.
ReplyDeleteall our appliances went out at the same time to
ReplyDeleteYour projects and pages are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat is it w all appliances and other catastrophes lately. I listed my go-wrongs the other night and stopped with 12 things. And all this be positive crap online irks me. Surely I deserve a moment of feeling bad when things I rely on die. [That said I gave up on using a dishwasher---after about three years they flood, nope, do not nee that.]
Oh, that is very sad!
ReplyDeleteI wonder, if the LG situation is common knowledge with the repairman, if there is a class action suit that is filed or under consideration. There is no freakin’ way I would stand for such a major appliance lasting for only five years. I’d be raising hell with the state attorney’s or consumer affairs office, with LG themselves at every level, the store where originally purchased, the local TV network’s or newspaper’s consumer protection point person, etc. etc.
ReplyDelete