About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

WINTER VILLAGE PAGE CHANGES

 

From this↑↑↑

TO....this
↓↓↓

I just could not get my head
around those birds above--
I really love how they look
in and of themselves, but as a part
of this page base I found it hard
to connect the two halves
So
they have
flown away to come back
another day ;))))

Instead,
 I came across this  little strip
of an older "Silent Night" music fabric
in my "BIG BAG of scraps,
and I've added a dash of
red and green fabric for my
corners...

So a semi-new base to work on.  
I will be stitching
on this until September 1st when
the new prompt comes out..

I also need to add a Tab--
which is the challenge 
this month.
I am working on an
idea for that...💁💫🔍🔮

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(stitching-and-pondering-euse)




7 comments:

  1. "No man ever steps into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man."
    --Heraclitis--[Greek philosopher]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The change you made (bye bye birdies) looks more Christmassy, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was a good move to change out the birds on that page. They look too much like summer birds to be on a winter page. But...you have to try things and see if they work and sometimes it does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we just aren't happy with what we're trying to work on and a change is in order. Seems I'm continually trying to learn that particular lesson but I keep trying to hammer square pegs into round holes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green birds but seeing the new version I do get what your are saying and it looks lovely! What is a tab?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That change looks good, Julie. It seems to fit really well with the left side and I like that it's narrower so the page doesn't look like it's divided exactly in half. Earlier today I was thinking that you might have been able to create pine trees/evergreens with snow behind the birds. But the green as it is is pretty bright.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.