I unearthed these blocks from my
"Small UFO Drawer" this morning.
When you haven't been in your sewing room
for over 1 and 1/2 years you kinda
forget what you had in mind...ππ’
And if you didn't put notes on any
of them, you have to wonder what
you had in mind?????
I've decided to just pick up these projects
and go with whatever looks
them or What I was going
to make (no note !!).
purple one in the middle now...
(S I G H )
SO
Mr. Ribbit will be visiting...
[I actually really like this pattern
a lot...this has possibilites...]
*************************
and then
These are not yet sewn--I do
recall they were to feature at the
bottom of one of my big quilts,
but didn't make it into the scheme.
I will see if I can figure out
how to
sew these together tomorrow...
should I add some spacers??
**********************************
much--
looks like just a
mish-mash of leftovers...
We shall see--this one will need
some thought...perhaps
just more leftover 2.5" sqs...??
Dolly quilt backs???
************************
AND they need trimming;
I must have used
the long strip method...
Why oh why didn't I mark what I had
in mind??????
and
****************************
↴↴↴↴
ORANGES
They started out last Friday as
62 two-patches...
One and one-half inchies that
I am sewing into 16 patches...
***************************************
I have a few other "just singles" that
I cannot deal with right now...
πΉπΏπ
Picking up where you left off after
a long time away without any
guide as to what you were
planning is tiring!!!!!
This was enough for
one mornings work...
All in all, not very exciting are they?
Perhaps they will grow on me;
or maybe you folks have some ideas...??
hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(re-entery-ing-euse)






"It's not what you look at that matter; it's what you see"
ReplyDelete--Henry David Thoreau--
[Note: how apropos--;)))]
Hahaha, I make notes then do not understand what the heck they mean. I guess you could go back to your blog and look? I particularly love the center UFO, wonderfully random, and the soft toned strip on the far left, it is lovely.
ReplyDeleteMy fave project that you had to set aside was your planned memory or autobiographical quilt, where you'd tell a story about your family or childhood and make a corresponding lack. Such an imaginative idea!
Don't over do!
love
lizzy
I don't have any ideas, just feel your frustration. I don't like to come upon forgotten parts of a long-ago project. Whatever the project was is gone and so is the enthusiasm. Good luck to you on figuring it out.
ReplyDeleteI bet you'll figure out what to do with them. Did you blog about them? If you did, it might bring back your plans. I think it's perfectly fine to do something new with these pieces too. You have lots of options!
ReplyDeleteI love all your pieces. Cynthia of quilting is more fun than housework makes placemats from some of hers.. tabletoppers? Hot pad trivet, a bag? They are even making clothing again with them. You be styling girlfriend
ReplyDeleteI see several people had the idea that maybe you blogged something about your intentions at the time, which is all I had to offer, sorry!
ReplyDeleteThat first one looks like the zipper blocks. You could just make more blocks instead of unpicking and moving the purple block. The more you add, the more it would like it belongs there.
ReplyDeleteI have a lot of things like you are showing. Started, no notes. Sometimes I just put them in the orphan block box.
Re the strip you dislike (left side in first picture)....what if....you were to unpick the blocks and then set them on point? Might have to add a few more to balance them out. As I've mentioned before I'm not a sane quilter so what do I know!!
ReplyDeleteThe orange blocks I could see being made into a table runner for use at Halloween....perhaps with an appliqued pumpkin or two?