Our prompts for August
for Roxy's Fabric Journal
are:
"Christmas Tree"
and "Snowflake"
Here is the "base" for the
Christmas Tree.
I used my Christmas
scrap bag for all the little
cutoffs I had leftover...
Here are the first additions
of embellishings:
I covered the green branches
across the back of the tree with
white Perle cotton for a
snowier look
and
I added a few little snowflakes too.
I whip stitched various pieces
in place so that I could remove most
of the pins...
I am still debating about the
star on top...
And I have to decide how to
outline my golden tree...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I am thinking about my "Winter"
journal's tree; I am still casting
around for ideas on that one...
[Remember? I am making
2 separate Journals]
I also glued the cover on Winter Journal
↧↧↧↧
As you can see, I added a button and
a closure tie (variegated silk ribbon)
Here is a closeup of the
beaded button and tie...↖↖↖
A N D
I have prepared the base for my Winter
Tree prompt page
My intent is to keep most
of the backgrounds in the
Crazy Quilt Style...so
I am able to use up my
CQ leftover pieces...
and some light batiks that
have that wintry feel..
I prepare these on the machine
ahead of time...
*************************
HOT HOT HOT!!!!!
Feels like temp is 102 right now!!
Needless to say we are indoors.
👺👹👺
We are in a "Heat Advisory"
now until 11 p.m. Friday night...
Y I K E S!!
**********************
Tomorrow morning I have my
haircut --at 9:30 luckily--
before it gets really really hot...
Tonight I made us tuna salad
and we will have that easy meal
with french fries...
no muss, no fuss...
I hope you are staying cool if you are
experiencing heat like this....
🔥
hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse,
(hand-stitching-away-euse)
P.S. If any of you "bloglovin" folks are not
getting comments from me it's because
I cannot get to the site;
Bloglovin is down!!
If you leave a comment here,
I will try to add you to my
RSS feed through Blogger...






Perfect projects for a hot---tho beautiful!--- day. Even as we cringe w the heat, I remember the long frigid winter and painful storms and winds--and summer is better, I tell myself. Admittedly it is cooler at the beach, 79* but humid and no breeze.
ReplyDeleteHope this posts...
"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
ReplyDelete--Edgar Degas--
I love following along with your creative process. Sorry it's so hot/humid in your neck of the woods. We're starting to cool down a little (if you count 90 degrees instead of 100 -ha!)
ReplyDeleteStill very hot where you live, you must all be getting sick and tired of these high temps by now!
ReplyDeleteI just love your journal pages. Makes me feel like doing some crazy quilting. I have a big box of CQ round robin blocks.
ReplyDeleteWe are expecting a few days of hot, hot here too. Makes it difficult to keep the weeds down in the gardens! I don't have a/c to cool off after a scorching day in the gardens so I don't go out.
Haven't had tuna for awhile. Sounds good. Now I'm kind of hungry for a tuna salad sandwich or tuna salad on a bed of lettuce. Or both!
Stay cool!
Your trees are beautiful and so fun to look at! Yes…we have the heat here, too. Lots of sewing is getting done! Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteThese journal pages are so interesting to look at!
ReplyDeleteHot and muggy yesterday and loud heavy storm last night. Much cooler today but not sure it will last.
Please try and add me to your feed. I was a faithful follower on Blogger but it has fizzed out almost completely!
I love seeing what you're working on and you never disappoint! Beautiful work! I haven't been getting all my comments. Blogger isn't the best. There's always a problem.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and refreshing projects! Take care and stay in a cooler place.
ReplyDeleteSuch fun to be working on Christmas designs when it's hot outside. At least you can dream about being a little bit cooler!
ReplyDeleteI have a hard time thinking Christmas when it's so darned hot! Cute tree, though!
ReplyDeleteI'm so far behind....
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love this tree page! I think it's positively charming.
You wrote this post on 8/4, and here we are nearly a month later. Time flies.