About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

CHRISTMAS NUTCRACKER PROMPT, et al

 
Our 2nd sets of prompts for the 
September Fabric Journal pages
are:
 "Nutcracker" and
"Winter Mushrooms".

Above  is my proposed base
for my version of a Nutcracker,,

[I must admit that I am not a big
fan of Nutcrackers--
to me they always
looked kinda scarey!!]
💂👿

So I decided to make a happier
Nutcracker person...
A Lady one :))))
under the Moon...
[Lotsa little pieces to baste down]

***************************
As far as "Winter Mushrooms go,
I am still pondering that one...
😦😲
***********************
Meanwhile, I have been 
continuing to hand quilt a bit
while watching the end of 
baseball
season...
my poor Red Sox are
in disarray this year...😭

*********************
Hugs, julierose, La blageuse
(under-sunny-skies-euse)







9 comments:

  1. long winter night
    I open the red cookie tin
    for needle and thread

    --Carl Patrick--

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you in thinking Nutcrackers are scary. I'm currently cross stitching my second one and will be very glad to put it behind me.
    I suspect our Blue Jays baseball season is destined to come to a halt before long but hope springs eternal to at least get into the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe do a Google images search for winter mushrooms to get a sense of their color palette and do something with that even if it isn't "mushroom-y" in appearance? Love your Lady Nutcracker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours will be a sweet nutcracker, Julie. I can tell that already!
    For your winter mushroom I can almost imagine one, or several, decorated with lace, as if snow-covered.... You'll come up with something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I love your Nutcracker. As mentioned I always found them scary too until I found a Nutcracker head washed up on the tideline years ago. I brought it home, dried it out and mad it the head of an angel doll.

    I have not followed baseball this year, wonder how my Yankees fared.

    Hope you are feeling well, I will email you!

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your nutcracker piece. I think most of our teams are terrible this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea of a female Nutcracker. What are winter mushrooms?? Our poor Red Sox didn't do so well this year. Oh, well, there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing how you interpret the prompts. So fun. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. A female nutcracker sounds like a good idea! She is looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.