About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

MELANGE WORKING DREAMS

 

I removed these two
"sticky-outie" blocks;

[thanks, Lizzie, for your
good "eye" on these]

 and I
made these to mix in...
INSTEAD
⇊⇊⇊

AND THIS ONE
↓↓↓

I think they balance out the 
rest better???

What do you think..??
I mean it definitely is
A MELANGE!!
😅
This is not the final
set up; they are just up on
the wall so I
can re-arrange them--
about a gazillion times!!
;))))

In particular those yellows --
could they be corner holders?

Or in a diagonal
going down the length?

Or just sprinkled haphazardly?

I can see my dreams will be filled
with the final possible arrangement.

Do you "sleep on it"?

My Grand-mere used to
suggest doing that
about any 
problem or question...

Hugs, beneath my bumbershoot
today,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(pondering-euse)




19 comments:

  1. "No act of kindness, no matter how small,
    is ever wasted."
    --Aesop--

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look more cohesive without the two you took out. I like to put them on my design wall and look at them for a day or two. It can be a lengthy process but it works out better that way. I've also done it quickly and wished I hadn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the changes you made, Julierose.
    Oh yeah! I am always sleeping on any problem, but sometimes I have insomnia...
    Arrange and re-arrange the blocks will be a lot of fun, till you find the lay out that makes your heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fabric combinations you used. I don't use a design wall and rarely loose sleep over quilt layouts. I don't like to dither about that. I don't think anyone puts a quilt on the wall after it is made to look at it. Well, unless it is a wall quilt then I guess it does make a difference.

    But I do sleep on it....problems, that is. I usually think about the problem before I go to sleep and most of the time a solution comes to me in the morning. Used to work even when I was going to college and had a tough computer programming problem as well as later in life when I got a computer programming job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I "sleep" on quilt decisions a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about you but I can sit and contemplate my navel over arrangements of things and finally decide it's good, put it all together, and then notice something I totally overlooked before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun block, and I love the colors. I always sleep on it. I'm a big believer in letting the sleeping mind wonder to places our conscious minds won't go. I'v solved a lot of problems that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't mind those 2 blocks in the mix yesterday but the 2 new ones are more matchy with the rest. It is going to be a pretty quilt.
    I hope you get just the right amount of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look lovely together, however you arrange them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the blocks were fine with the green but seeing them without the green, I think they look better.
    The yellow are really strong blocks to my eyes but, strangely, the lightest one, upper right, seems to disappear in the corner.
    I think it's going to be interesting to watch what happens to these blocks, Julierose. There are so many considerations--colors, color combinations, lights, darks.... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your melange quilt is wonderful - I think the changes you made are perfect.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This assortment of blocks looks wonderful together! I like the yellows sprinkled in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There have been many decisions that I should have 'slept on' and didn't with regret LOL. Maybe the 'stickie-outie' blocks can be incorporated into the backing somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There comes a time when you have to quit fussing and just sew. You'll know when that moment occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the replacement blocks, they make a beautiful melange. I also very much like the set up you have as-is but if it's fun to rearrange, well, enjoy.
    I don't have a design wall area, usually use my imagination and maybe a photo or two. I did make more space on my desk to pay out Giraffe's Hourglass blocks but I still made mistakes and the points do not match after all, lol.

    Sometimes I will lay out border or sashings overnite--I had one project, every night I'd do a layout and decide Yes! Then in the morning, Nope, ick. Went on for a month or more, so silly. In its defense it is a wall quilt.

    looks like fun happenings, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.