About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, September 26, 2022

ORGANIZING FLOSS, ET AL

 
I spent the day organizing my
DMC flosses by colorways...
I like to wind them on these bobbins
so I don't have to have them tangle
up on me when pulling out the
skeins....
I have been winding a few each evening
for quite a while now...

I can also see at a glance what colors 
I am low on...quite a few,
actually...👀

And at the same time
I chose possible
colors for embroidering 
my Winter Mushroom piece
which I  "invisible basted"
this morning...

I don't have any "exact"
matching threads, but
will use these "close" colors
that I have on hand...

*****************************
I also pulled out my next UFO
to be sewn together into
a small coin type piece:

A N D ...
I've noticed that I seem to be
working in the same color family
lately... 
even my Autumn Ojos uses
this color family...

Does that ever happen to you?

Hugs to you all,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(winding-away-euse)










13 comments:

  1. I store my DMC the exact same way you do. Bobinating can be time consuming but its so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tomorrow, and tomorrow , and tomorrow..."
    --Shakespeare's Macbeth--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, using the same colors happens to me all the time. I even posted about it a few years ago
    https://solsticestudio.blogspot.com/2019/01/im-in-rut.html
    I tend to like a rosy peachy red and green combo. It never gets old. It's kind of the color of some of your embroidery thread that you have selected for your mushroom block. What can I say? We like what we like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the way I organize my threads too. Most of mine are unnumbered so I couldn't replace them if I tried and that's because I'm still using some that belonged to my grandmother who passed away in the 60's.
    It's interesting what you said about working in the same color families - I do it all the time, mainly because I love certain colours (blues/purples/reds) and those are the ones I gravitate to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 5 box like yours. 3 for DMC, 2 for Anchor. I organize them by their number. The color you picked will go well with the mushrooms. Happy stitiching

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Nutcracker Lady very nice and creative too. I am always trying to sort my floss and can't seem to get ahead of it. I inherited most of mine from Mom. Good luck with it and your lovely fabriced mushroom stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your organised box of embroidery floss!! I'm looking forward to the completed Winter Mushroom piece with your embroidery and I must have missed your UFO project before, great way to use up all those small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to get in a color theme at times too. Sometimes it happens because I want to use up the rest of the fabric while it is out. Other times it surprises me because I don't realize I'm doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have my floss organized by number, on the same little bobbins. Recently I re-did my boxes by color and I love looking at them. I have a bit of floss that was my mother's, but I started filling bobbins back in the 80's when my kids were little. I still love this system. Your mushrooms are too cute, and so fall-like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like you, I love having clear boxes. I inherited several wooden or other storage boxes but have switched all the creative stuff to clear so I can keep track of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your organised floss looks like a rainbow.
    I keep mine in "Floss-A-Way" zip-lock bags.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so organized! I have hundreds and hundreds of tangled skeins - a green bag, a blue bag, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your thread storage is lovely, puts my baggy jumble to shame. Will you get a trip top the craft store for replenishing low colors or you order online?

    Mushrooms looking so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.