About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 8, 2022

SEPTEMBER FABRIC JOURNAL PROMPTS

 
Prompts for September:
"Christmas Snowman"
& 
"Winter Woods"

Above is the first prompt
my Christmas 
Snow "Lady" base.
;)))))

I want to add a funky 
flower rosette to
her chapeaux
and some little charms....

I had fun putting this
one together this morning
and 
I sat here to baste it all down
this afternoon:
↧↧↧↧
On our front patio 
beneath our Pagoda umbrella.

This is the first day that it has been
cool enough
 
(and I was able) 
to
sit here in
my favorite little
reading, sewing or just
sipping "after lunch tea"
S P O T 
๐Ÿ’–

*********************
Our 57th Wedding Anniversary
will be this coming this Sunday.

I got a surprise "early" gift from 
my darling Tom

Isn't it pretty??
I just 
L O V E it!!
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’–
It has a nice size dial for these
aging eyes....and is 
encased in rose gold..
my favorite of the precious 
metals...

***********************
I had mentioned before that my poor
fledgling magnolia tree had lost
just about all its leaves
and didn't look too happy..
I wondered if it would even 
survive this drought! 
BUT
All it took was one inch of 
good steady, soft rain two
days ago and look what it
is doing....
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Putting on a little show of blossoms again for us...
A M A Z I N G!!
[You can see how our lawn has turned so 
brittle and dry--it crackles when you
walk on it,,,, ugh]

**************************
Dinner this evening will be:
Meatloat, mashed potatoes,
applesauce and zucchini squash.
****************************
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse,
(feeling better-euse)










11 comments:

  1. DUST OF SNOW

    The way a crow
    Shook down on me
    The dust of snow
    From a hemlock tree

    Has given my heart
    A change of mood
    And saved some part
    Of a day I rued.

    --Robert Frost--
    [In honor of Snow Lady] ')))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope the Magnola blooming again won't mean it doesn't bloom next spring. So many of my shrubs and perennials were stunted this year from a lack of water.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow lady! I'm looking forward to seeing her hat embellishments. Happy Anniversary! The weather has been so nice lately. I hope it lasts awhile. It's nice to see your magnolia tree is bouncing back. I hope we get a little more rain. We maybe got 2 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big dial watches are so nice. You can tell the time a glance. My fitbit has a big face too with a clock screen.
    It is really getting nice outside here too. Low humidity finally even though t does get near 80 each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow lady is darling! Love your front garden and umbrella too. It's been lovely, Mo and I are headed out now. Wonderful that the poor confused magnolia bloomed. I guess you got more rain than I did.

    Wonderful anniversary gift, it's beautiful and functional too. Love rose gold. Tom is the best! Happy anniversary.

    PS Dinner, yum, delish. I made a dreadful shepherds pie the other night, wish I'd made meatloaf instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PD I love your poem today, printed it out for my scribble nature diary. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowman lady is adorable! What fun to stitch on! So glad your magnolia was helped by that rain. Our trees seem really stressed by the drought here - so hot and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dinner sounds yummy! Happy early Anniversary! You have a beautiful spot to stitch in and that snowperson is adorable. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Julierose! Love your watch, such a nice gift. You've got a good base going for your journal page. Happy to see your Magnolia made a come back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary. That Thom is a keeper. Love your snowman page. Look forward to seeing it embellished

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.