About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 1, 2022

THURSDAY THOUGHT, et al

                                                      

QUESTION

Body my House
my horse my hound
what will I do
when you are fallen

Where will I sleep
How will I ride
What will I hunt

Where can I go
without my mount
all eager and quick
How will I know
in thicket ahead
its danger or treasure
when Body my good
bright dog is dead

How will it be 
to lie in the sky
without roof or door
and wind for an eye
With cloud shift
how will I hide?

--May Swenson--

********************************
MELANGE

The yellows will be brightening 
this group up....
I have 5 more to make
which will give me 30 blocks for
a 5 x 6 layout.
*********************************
:)))))))
It was only 58 degrees at 6:30 and
cool this morning upon arising.
This will be a deck sitting morning
and some outdoor hand quilting time.

Hugs,
Julierose 
La Blageuse
(Thoughs-while-hand-quilting-euse)




12 comments:

  1. "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
    they are the charming gardeners that make
    our souls blossom."
    --Marcel Proust--

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellows are a nice addition, Julierose. We returned to North Carolina (mountains) last evening and enjoyed cooler temps on the porch this morning. Can it be? Fall is really close?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A deck sitting morning stitching away sounds wonderful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're adding yellows to your blocks. I loved today's weather. It's so nice to have that humidity gone! I have a feeling it will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is what I love about fall the most, cool nights and mornings. Even though it gets hot a few days the nights are pretty consistently cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed the time sitting stitching on the deck your iris is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sad poem I hope you are okay? Cooler today but very bright. The poem reminds me of "Captain, My Captain" [Whitman] or "Crossing the Bar" [Tennyson]....

    Lovely Zippers, on a happier note!

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those temps make for great sleeping weather and beautiful sitting and stitching on the deck weather. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The poem saddened me too, especially since I was JUST listening to a story on NPR about peoples' grief for their pets. Our last dog left us 5 years ago and I still mourn her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I join you on the deck? Sounds wonderful. I will bring freshly baked blueberry muffins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stitching on the deck sounds like a wonderful pastime. I haven't spent much time on our balcony this summer for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a gorgeous iris!
    your Melange blocks are coming along. interesting mix of fabric! very scrappy and fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.