About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

THAT'S LIFE

 

Hello, hello hello,,,
What's left of me is back....

As my title suggests
Life has happened here
in Spades....

After I finally got over covid, 
I came down with a massive cold
and cough...
Then, this past Saturday, Tom had to
be taken to hospital for his
ongoing medical issue...

I drove and picked him up
this morning and we are
home finally...

Phew--maybe that old saw
about troubles coming in threes
means that we are done here!!
Fingers crossed.  👍
*******************
As many of you who follow my adventures
know, I began "Down the Garden Path"
hand sewing following the bi-monthly
prompts at:
 #Roxy'sjournalofstitchery 
on YouTube....

I have decided that I have done as much
as I  can/want for now
and have added borders to make it into a
small wall hanging...
I am happy with how it looks and will be
making some hanging corners sometime
this week.  (hopefully!)

This has been the only sewing that I 
have managed to do....
but it felt good to even do this little
bit of sewing once again.
*********************************
I have been mostly reading, doing my
beloved crossword puzzles and
basically trying to rest up ....

I am reading a mystery
by a new author to me:
Dame Margaret James--
"A Conspiracy of Ravens"


I hope you are all doing well and staying
healthy
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
[wearing-my-Nurse's-cap-euse]



16 comments:

  1. Coming Home is the best feeling....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are finally feeling better and that you're all home together. I love crossword puzzles but I'm not very good at them. Have your watched the Crossword Mysteries on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel? They are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of love, big hugs and healing wishes. If I could I would send hot soup too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to read of Tom's medical issues and trip to hospital, as well as your ongoing Covid recovery, life just doesn't seem fair sometimes. Hugs to you both, from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are right, sometimes things do arrive in threes. And fingers crossed, you two have had your share. Lovely project, another creative venture done, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping for good health for both you and Tom. Rest and relax the way that feels best for you. Sewing can wait! Cute wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is a good size for a wallhanging and you have added so many details to it.
    Glad Tom is back home. I'm sure he's happy to be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for Tom being home again. I think your garden path piece is just the right size - good for you for stopping when you felt that it was all good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things are always happening in threes. Hopefully you're done there. Lovely sewing you've been doing. Wishing you and your family all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear things are improving after your various health issues. Best wishes for good health from now on!
    Pretty daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you have a good book, puzzles and both of you at home to recuperate! Hope things look up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, it does seem that things happen in 3's so hopefully you both are back on track now and can enjoy the spring (if it ever arrives and stays!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daffodils and Garden Path are beautiful.

    Sending healing thoughts and good wishes , better times ahead.

    love lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems to me that things happen in threes--at least around our house. My mom used to say that, and also, "If it's not one thing it's another." I've adapted her saying to, "It it's not one thing, it's two or three or four things." So glad things seem to be looking up for you and your husband. I hope he's doing well.
    Your Garden Path hanging is delightful. Lots of little details to see. I love that little blue house near the bottom.
    Resting up is always a good thing to do, in my opinion. One never knows what you'll need more energy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have had a time of it! I'm glad to see you back and catch up with your lovely sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm delighted you and Tom are back home. The best place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.