About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, December 30, 2024

HAPPY NEW YEAR, et al

 

Because 2025 is the
Chinese 
"Year of the Snake"

I thought....
hmmmmmm
[or sssss]
😂hahaha😁

I want to try to make ssssssome 
curvey blocksssssss...
😊😂😍
🐍

Ssssssssssooooo, 
Becaussse
 I have been thinking about
what to make to try to get my 
"MOJO" moving again,
I thought
why
        not????
*****************************
I have made Dresden circles and some
circular patterns but not really
any cut 
curvey 
blocksssss 
;))))

The moon over the mountain and
the faint ocean waves 
would make such a 
lovely 
piece.
But I  mean actually cutting curves-
freehand perhaps--
using 
scissors or rotary cutter???

************************************
↡↡↡↡
* added the Dec. 31st after
some research:
Youtuber Beth ⇑⇑⇑
at "My Sewing Room"
has a tutorial that looks like a good
place to start curved freehand 
piecing..
I like the 3 colors
and have way too many solids
in my stash that need to be
used up....
;)))
SSSSSTAY
Tuned...
for further 
develpmentsssss!

***************************

HAPPY NEW YEAR
TO ALL !!!!
May you be healthy 
and stay  
hopeful...

Hugs, 
Julierose
{Thinking-eusssssse) 



9 comments:

  1. Reading "Sparkling Cyanide" by Agatha Christie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder about it being the Year of the Snake - I must get out there and see if I can find some Chinese New Year cards for our daughter-in-love and her mom. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you come up with, Julierose. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Julierose! Looking forward to see what your plans are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't paid much attention to the new Chinese animal. Now you have me thinking............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this ssssounds like a fun challenge, Julierose. Sssss. I can not wait to sssee what you come up with . Hee! Hee! I pulled out some Dresden fans tonight. I am thinking they will be fun to work on in the coming year. Happy New Year , sweet friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Julierose! I love the piece you created!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! And a big challenge. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always come up with great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.