Using up my scrappy bag of purples,
blues and dusty pinks...
Just some fun sewing...
this week...
then....
Greens, purples and blues emerged....
And
👀↕↕↕👀
From these Ojos that I've just put up
willy-nilly so far and still have on their
telephone paper backs that
I sew these on:
Blues, purples, pinks and a bit
of turquoise
And...Flamingo orts;))))
My bag still has some cut-offs in it--
mostly blues and pinks...
they will be
sewn with another
color scrap bag.
I would really like to finish all my
scrappy bags off--HAH!!
["If wishes were horses..." and
all that jazz, right???]
**********************
Lately,
I had found myself in a H U G E
blue funk and didn't want to
even look at fabric or even
think of sewing any projects---
l
And
Then
"Mr. Cold" hit me...
I was laid even lower....
any of my "get up and go"
had now
definitely
"Got up and went"
Far far away......
So;;;;;
How was I to find my way back?????
I decided that I was just so sick of looking
at these scrap baggies that I would grab
one and just sew;
no pattern, no rules, no 1/4" seams even==
No Nothing!! Just sewing without any
plan at all...
Sew now--so now hahaha--😆😂😄
I still don't really feel like doing a pattern
or anything planned out,
but I am enjoying just sewing along
like this.
Has this ever happened to you????
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(just-sewing-euse)




Reading "The Dante Game" by Jane Langton
ReplyDeleteanother Homer Kelly mystery...
Oh, such fun to Use Up those scraps! I've been a Jane Langton fan since I was in 4th grade (The Majesty of Grace) -- and I have most of the Homer Kelly mysteries on the shelf (as well as The Diamond in the Window et al).
ReplyDeleteI think I know how you feel because I've been in a slump for the past week or so. Finally have bestirred myself enough to try to use up some more yarn stash and now am trying to come up with a pattern to use some leftover faux fur along with some #6 weight to make a couple hats for donation. Couldn't find a pattern like I wanted anywhere online so what to do but fiddle with it and make my own.
ReplyDeleteWe all need days doing mindless sewing. Recently I was in a funk too, didn't feel for sewing anything. After some days I felt for sewing together some 2-1/2" squares. It helped, and it made a tiny dent in the box! Love your scrappies and string blocks, adorable flamingoes.
ReplyDeleteI love your scrappy blocks, and all the pretty colors that pop out! I do like to sew that way, too - just making blocks with no rules. I once challenged myself to see how many "crumb" blocks I could make out of my blue scrap bin, and I got 20 six inch blocks! Have fun, Julierose!
ReplyDeleteThat type of sewing is the perfect cure for a blue funk. It's therapy of the best kind.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear others have gone through Sewing Slumps. I have been in one for a few months. I'm going to try your method of taking a bag of scraps and just sewing them any which way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI think that kind of funk hits all of us from time to time. Beyond having been away from my studio for weeks on end, I knew that by cleaning up and culling my mojo would return (not in a huge burst this time but I can feel it calling me if busy days will just get out of my way).
ReplyDeleteI most definitely have felt that way, many times. Glad that you are shaking it and getting in some fun sewing.
ReplyDeleteI think sewing without rules is a great way to get your mojo back . It gives you the chance to relax and just enjoy the process. Oooh I do love the color combinations you are using with the dusty pinks, purples and blacks . They take me back to a fond time when I enjoyed those colors in my decor. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteGreat way to use up those scraps! Scrap quilting can be mindless and fun at the same time. Hope you feel better!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I admire your tenacity. I too am so blue and so tired of sewing and quilting and even my nature drawing. Some family issues, some bad news for friends, other things getting me down? Tired of pain and living in a world where I am chided for not scheduling my 6th!? 7th? covid vaccine. I just don't know/I am so tempted to turn the little quilt room back into a guest room or office. Etc etc. Maybe we'll perk up soon!? Let s hope.
ReplyDeleteAnyway your improv blocks are charming, you are just right to siit down and sew. lizzy