About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, December 6, 2024

WINTER HAS ARRIVED, et al

 


My version of a Jan Patek pattern from last year...
this is hanging on my dining room wall to
herald the coming of Christmas
and
with this really cold North wind and
actual (be still my 💓) snow flurries
yesterday!!!:))))
I had a lot of fun making this one--
especially that little flying Angel..

**********************

We lit our little Maple Sugar scented
candle and placed it on my
little Christmas Ojos mat
and watched the sun go down at 
4:20 yesterday with early
darkening skies and wind lashed
trees...

***********************
I spy some little bits of greenery on the base--
just maybe (fingers crossed) my amaryllis
will bloom?????

*************************
I call this "Christmas Strawberries"
I began making these a while back
after seeing Melisa's  quilt
(click)
So....
I drafted my own pattern 
(shamelessly copying hers--
she ok'ed it hahaha).
**Note the skewed strawberry cap on
the topmost one--should I undo it??
Or just let it go its own way???
Her full sized quilt is such a beauty,
I couldn't resist trying a few blocks...

**************************
A sure sign of winter is my 
December Daily Journal [above]
making its debut
that I
work in every year....

Here are a few pages to be 
journaled on....


They are all made from magazine images, my own
stamped images, and various scrappy leftovers
which include any junk mail and scraps--

Only my "Rudebecka" Reindeer is made
from fabric and one of my dies...

I add lots of sparkley stuff for fun....
(you can click on images to enlarge)

********************
Both Tom and I are under the
weather with head colds..
so we are mostly napping and
taking it easy...
Until next time..
hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(sniffling-and-sneezing-euse!!)













 



 


14 comments:

  1. "O Tannebaum, O Tannenbaum..." humming while wrapping gifts
    early this year...only 19 more days ;)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've both succumbed to a bug - that's certainly not fun. Probably picked it up during your Thanksgiving gathering.
    As for the Strawberry cap that's a little off - think of it this way...in nature nothing is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd leave the strawberry as it is. Like Magpie said, things in nature aren't all the same, and each of your strawberries is a little bit different. I hope both your colds clear up quickly and don't turn into something else.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the angel wall quilt is really cute, as is all your quilted details at home. So sweet. And how fun to have a special Christmas journal that you keep filling out. I like that idea!

    Merry December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you two feel better soon. I like the strawberry caps just as they are. So cute! I love all your seasonal projects. I think your house must look very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy seeing all your projects, Julierose! The Christmas Ojos are so pretty and festive. So are the strawberries! I've always admired Melisa's strawberry quilt, too, but don't want to make a whole quilt of them. Your solution is perfect! Fingers crossed that your amaryllis blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun post! I just emailed you, then this came up finally on slow old Blogger's Reading List feed. So...redundant-ish from me . I ll comment more later, love everything.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little wallhanging and the angel is so cute. Maple Sugar scent candle....that sounds really good. Your strawberry top looks just fine. I hope you two get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh , I am so sorry to hear that you and your DH are feeling under the weather. Do take care of yourselves. This post was filled with so much cuteness! Love your Jan Patek quilt- just perfect for the holiday season . And can I tell you I am jumping for joy to see your Christmas Strawberries?! So beautiful. I had wonky caps in my quilt too. We grew Chandler strawberries on the farm and the berries and the caps were always askew. It warms my heart that you made a scrappy berry quilt of your own. Oooh your journal pages! I always drool when I see them. Have a wonderful weekend, Julierose. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is just charming and loved seeing the journal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. But a cold isn't covid, thank goodness! Your Christmas quilts are so charming. And your journal -- wow! "Rudebecka" made me think of rudbeckia, the scientific name for black-eyed Susans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd keep that strawberry cap as is! It is perfect. That Christmas tree quilt is great. Love the candle on your odjo's quilt. Rest up and lots of liquids. Enjoy the race tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Jan Patek wall hanging is adorable, Julierose. I love your Christmas Strawberries, too. Melisa is so sweet and generous with her designs. Happy to see your amaryllis trying to make a come back. It will be fun to see if it blooms again. Hope you and your hubby are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your version of the Jan P. wall hanging! It's a visual story! The dark to light strips add a really nice ' touch! Happy Holidays! :) cw

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.