About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, January 19, 2025

"DARK DAYS" VARIATIONS, et al

 

Four coffee dyed blocks

&

Four "Roses" blocks

& 
Two of each.....


The final tally of votes:
Coffee dyed:  8 
Roses   :       4
Pebbles:        3
Red:             1

I want to thank all of you
who took the time to vote...
I really appreciate 
all of your input...
It really helped me come to
my decision...
💖💗💓
**************************
I have decided:
TAA-DAA:
💃
To go with
all four 
coffee dyed squares..

I think it gives me the best
options to then add surrounding
fabrics...

Tomorrow,
I will start sewing the blocks
together into the 9 patch
and pick out the backing fabric.
************************
I would begin sewing 
this evening but the
skin right next to my right
thumbnail has split from the
dryness and from 
using glue on my paper crafts
without wearing gloves...:(((((

👹Ouchy!!!!👹

It sounds like a little thing, but it
is pretty painful and I cannot
sew with it right now...
it is covered up as best as it can 
be in that corner spot...
😬
*****************************
Our predicted snowfall amounts
for tomorrow 
keep going "down" with each
weather forecast; so
I do not know just how much we
will be receiving...
 now they say it 
will be  2"-4"...

Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(nursing-the thumb-euse)







8 comments:

  1. Yesterday I received a belated Christmas gift :**
    "The Book of Doors" by Gareth Brown-- which I will be starting tonight..
    .
    **[We had our Christmas gift exchange with my son and family yesterday as my granddaughter, Willa, had fallen and broken her collarbone Christmas Day morning...She is doing very well and healing nicely...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch (re the finger). Something I find works well - get yourself a pair of light gloves and, before you go to bed, slather your hands really well with a good hand cream (Vaseline works really well and it's cheap) and then wear the gloves to bed. You can also do the same thing when you're washing dishes - slather your hands really well with cream, wear rubber gloves, and wash the dishes in the hottest water you can stand. It 'drives' the cream into your hands. We've done that trick for years. RC has really dry hands sometimes and it's the only thing that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...is this a nine-patch quilt design or will you add to the selection of blocks? Oh, dry skin--and static-y hair. I look out the window on a sunny day but, brrrrrr, it's too cold to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have come to a decision on this one and I hope your finger heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have trouble with the skin on my hands cracking, too. My dermatolgist said to use a hand cream instead of a lotion as it is absorbed better. She recommends CeraVu, but there are others available in cream formulations. And I do use the gloves at night when they get really bad.
    I think the coffee dyed squares have a much better contrast.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Let me know if you like the book. I don t usually read fantasy but am so low on books at the moment.
    I love the Poms and Coffee nine patch setting.

    My fingertips split too, it's one reason I don't hand quilt in the winter. right now both thumbs are split, plus left index finger. A MD recc professional manicures w paraffin treatments, years ago. It did help and the warm paraffin is lovely, but who has the patience or money for that nowadays. Then another said, Liquid BandAid, which helped a lot tho very painful to use---they changed the name and formula and now it doesn't work. The splits are very painful, keeps me awake at night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the coffee-dyed is a great choice. It pulls out the lights from the other blocks.
    When I have cracks or hangnails or splits from dry skin I use liquid bandage (or Nu-Skin or whatever other names companies use). It stings like crazy for about 30 seconds but it coats the skin and also as an analgesic that helps heal. I use an store brand from one of our local stores, Kroger. It costs a few dollars for a bottle that lasts about a year. As far as sore, dry hands, I make a beeswax/mineral oil blend that I put on my hands just after I've washed them. The beeswax holds the moisture against my skin. The mix takes a few minutes to dry (because it's mostly beeswax), but then my hands feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all variations of these blocks but, you are right, the all coffee dyed version works well. Hope you finger heals quickly. Kind of a challenge with this cold dry air!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.