Early morning shot of my new Amaryllis--
are we ready yet to bloom?
Meanwhile....
very slow progress
is evident on my
rescued
amaryllis...
and gives new meaning
to "slowly".
**************************
I've begun my new puzzle...
Moving right along...
the lower section will be
the most difficult.
****************
And here is where my
Dark Days
Comfort Cloth
stands...
center block--
[oh -- and I took out the next 4 rows as they
got increasingly uneven...
the coffee dyed fabric
seems to be difficult
to needle through.
So last evening
I re-rinsed all my
pieces...
and am letting them dry
overnight...]
As you can see, I only dyed small
pieces ....they look really
dark here, but as they dry they will
lighten up..
.a lot of the coffee-dye
still leached out until
the water ran clear...
↓↓↓↓
Notice the Paczki, off to the
background, which we will
scarf up with our 2nd cups of
coffee this morning;)))
It's that time of year again...
Our favorite flavor is
"Bavarian Creme"
Y U M !!!!!
I hope the rest of your week is
a good one...
hugs, Julierose
(a-bit-of-everything-euse)
Happy Lunar New Year







"The Essex Serpent" was a wonderful read--i thoroughly enjoyed this book...[I am waiting to receive "Melmoth" also written by her...]
ReplyDeleteMy wax amaryllis is blooming and the two from last year are showing green. I have the comfort cloth idea swimming in my brain a lot this week.
ReplyDeleteLove your Wysocki puzzle, I have been a fan of his artwork for many years.
ReplyDeleteDark Days is lovely. I was going to mention that batiks can be hard to needle thru then realized that is your coffee dyed fabric. Hmmm. wonder why? I just got out the pieces you gave me and more that I made to learn your technique, for the ''proving difficult'' Whatnots planning. Had thought to maybe hand quilt it of ever made.
Your pastries look so good, I have never seen them here. I am being good, no cake or desserts since the cold, high winds, and remaining snow have curtailed my walks. But that could change if I saw those yummy Paczki.
Looking forward to your amaryllis blooms. They are slow, I find, and then the blooms shrivel fast. But I still love them.
lizzy
Wow! I have to admit I was a little skeptical about whether this amaryllis was ever going to bloom. It is still trying though. The other amaryllis may need some TLC all summer before it blooms again, but it's definitely alive. I love your new puzzle 500 pieces instead of 1000 make is such a joy to assemble. I love Charles Wysocki's skies.
ReplyDeleteAll your projects, including your plants, are all coming together nicely! Love the pastry!
ReplyDeleteThat puzzle is a pretty one. RC started a new one today and I think it's going to be a challenge because there's lots of dark pieces (and 1000 of them!).
ReplyDeleteI really like how Dark Days is coming along. Interesting how you have quilted around the center. Your coffee dyed fabric looks good, even yummy! Pretty puzzle. Poor rescued amaryllis, it takes time to recover, it will get there! Curious about the colors both will give. Paczki sounds yummy, enjoy.
ReplyDeleteYour Amaryllis is really tall! I wonder what color it will be. I brought in 2 old Amaryllis bulbs and one has 2 tiny leaves peeking out, the other has nothing. This is their last chance, they get tossed if they don't bloom this year.
ReplyDeleteAnd I can pronounce paczki correctly!
ReplyDeleteYou are fast on those puzzles! Your Dark Days is looking good.
ReplyDelete