About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, April 27, 2025

SUNDAY PREP, et al

 

I pin layered and pin basted my
Christmas Ojos table topper
this morning...
Here is the backing:
This one is my next hand quilting 
project ....

AND..
I also layered and pin basted
my smallish Easter table topper:
and here is the backing I sewed:
I used leftover K. Fassett strips and
the Easter eggs center...

Very pastel-ey and Springlike
I think...;))
**********************************
"Blues in the Night "
is all quilted and trimmed awaiting
a binding which I hope to make
this coming week...
↧↧↧↧
 and here is the reverse old tablecloth side
I just love that vintage look and feel that
the big stitching gives it...

*****************************
I've begun a new Helga project
[love my machine sewing]
It's a new scrappy one:
Using up the rest of my blue strips and
cut offs...
It is a "Duckworth" type of quilt..
Using my 
torn strips and scissor trimmed  as I go...
I have trued them up to 6" when they get
large enough...
with my 6" square ruler...

Here is the next grouping 
of six ready to begin
next to Helga...
I like this method as you even use
the little cut-offs as you go...
{Those little overhanging sqs
on each row}

I am really trying to use up what I
have on hand==
and in the process
I see that my blues stash is 
very LOW....

So if and when I get more fabrics
they will be blues...

**************************
Here is our new "Stonescape"
area by the front walk 
and side of the garage
I like it--there are a few lilies that
I rescued and I will add more
bulbs to this area...
Hopefully the weed growth will be
blocked by all the stones...
We shall see...

We are aiming for easy care to 
enable us to remain in our home 
for as long as possible...
the grass loved the rains we've had
It is definitely springing up now...

I hope your Sunday is
a restful one...
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(Ojos-stitching-euse)





















11 comments:

  1. Doing a lot of Crossword puzzling these days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're been a busy little bee! Lots of projects getting your attention. I spent the past couple days making rusty crumb blocks for a new landscape. Discovered working with rusty fabrics doesn't make my sewing machine happy but we got through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of projects to keep your hands busy, don't overdo it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are so pretty, Julierose! I love the Christmas Ojos - that backing is perfect for it. The Easter project and the Blues one, too - such lovely color! Your new landscaping looks great - we landscape with rock a lot out here in Colorado - it makes very good border material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! I love the Christmas Ojos.
    Yay, for grass growing! It will be nice when it is all filled in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s quite a lot you’ve accomplished! I really like your Blues in the Night piece with that vintage tablecloth on the back. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many fun projects in the works. And such lovely backings. Will you work on your Easter quilt or wait until you have finished Christmas Ojos in respect to the quilting? You are on fire, Julierose! Have a wonderful week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. And..what is a Duckworth quilt? I feel out of it, what is duckworth? I tried to look it up, I m such a dummy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're getting so much accomplished! Great progress!! I love how you made your backings. I think lilies will look so pretty in that area.
    What an awful weekend for weather! Today was so much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lot of quilts in progress, Julierose!
    Your ojos look so wonderful together. You must be so pleased to get to this point with the top.
    And your Easter top definitely looks spring-like, both front and back. Beautiful.
    Congrats on finishing the quilting on Blues in the Night. Love that backing fabric!
    It's fun to see so many different blue fabrics together in your last blocks. I especially like the coral centers.
    Your area by the front walk looks very neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been super busy, Julierose. Nice quilting on Blues in the Night and I love the backing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.