I've finished my bunting flags and am starting to
put them together with my own handmade binding strips..
(just pinned for now)
and...
I am making a loop for hanging on either end...
Above are the first two...
and here are the next in line...
below...
↯↯↯
[the crocheted piece was made by my
Grand-mere--almost all gone now...]
These are just simple flags using older holiday fabrics--
but...
I have added bits and bobs here and there..
Carolers for "Silent Night..."
and
Pretty poinsettias tied with a
little velvet bow and some buttons...
So far I have eleven to be bound..
I plan to drape this over
my fireplace mantle
for the holidays...
***************************
And
today being T minus 7,
here is our turkey thawing
in the fridge....
I plan to go shopping on next Tuesday to
get the few things left for our meal....
***********************************
Looks like tomorrow will be another gray day;
these evenings are closing in so early now...
dark at 4:30 here...;((((
We are watching Ken Burns'
"The American Revolution"
and I must say I am
learning a lot...
Not the least of which is
how our forebears were
able to all come together
to fight for our freedom....
despite their many differences...
hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(stitching-away-euse)
.





Reading: "Mortal Arts" by Anna Lee Huber the 2nd in her
ReplyDeleteLady Darby series...
Your bunting flags are just lovely, Julierose! I love how you put all the bits and bobs together. We are watching the American Revolution, too - learning a lot!
ReplyDeleteYour bunting is looking so pretty, Julierose. So many sweet elements in this piece. Our food shopping is all done except the last-minute items, like the turkey. Hubby ordered a fresh one...we will see how that works out! I really want to watch The American Revolution...hope I can stream it from the beginning. Enjoy your weekend, my dear!
ReplyDeleteYour bunting is wonderful. Very dark around here too. Spending more time in front of the happy light each day.
ReplyDeleteThe bunting will look lovely gracing the front of your fireplace over the holidays.
ReplyDeleteThe flag garland is wonderful, best bunting ever. I love it. I love when you combine your sewing / quilting and your collage talents and creates something so personal and unique.
ReplyDeleteGrey here and cold, 50* shouldn't feel so penetratingly chilly, but it is. Have fun Thanks giving prepping!
izzy
Oh dear Jocelyn, I just adore your Winter bunting ! What a delight to see each panel. It just warms my heart that you used your Grandmere's crocheted lace. I am sure it brings back so many fond memories. Brrr it sounds very cold so do bundle up when you go and pick up the rest of your groceries. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm watching The American Revolution, too, and learning a lot. But the 2 hours is a challenge. I find myself nodding off during the last hour. I know I could stream it and watch it in smaller segments (which would also provide bathroom breaks), but it's almost done now. Your bunting is charming.
ReplyDeletePat
I love all of the little extras you are adding to your bunting pieces.
ReplyDeleteThe flags on your bunting are delightful and interesting. Things like these are so interesting to look at because there's so much to see.
ReplyDeleteI bought our turkey yesterday. The Butterball site said 3 days to thaw a 12 pound turkey, and that it will last in the refrigerator 3 days after thawed. My experience has been that it takes closer to 6 days to thaw! Yours should be just perfectly thawed.
Love the bunting! A great idea for a guild craft too. Happy Thanksgiving!!
ReplyDelete