I got the Buckeye Beauties together
for a long table runner this morning--
I was going to deep-six them--
[in fact I had thrown them into the
garbage bin next to my machine even!!!]
--but then decided to try them in this
configuration......
I think the blue-ish one should be in the
middle when I get it together...
but--wonder of wonders:
I actually like it...;))))
AND....
THEN...
A very, very strange thing happened......
.
I was searching in my closet where I keep all
my started and not yet finished pieces hanging
and lπk
what I found,,,
Yikes--I had made a Buckeye Beauty with a semi-controlled colorway
and
totally forgotten that I had made this one!!!!!!!
Ye Olde Brain is not what she used to be!!
FOR SURE!!
I have no memory of having made this
AT ALL!!!
πΏπΊπΉππ±π²π³πΆ
Did the little scrap fairies make it overnight
while I was sleeping????
How long has it been there????
Maybe my brain when I had the awful
Lyme disease event and was hospitalized
just wiped it out???? I do have some
memory loss it seems...
are put together .....
Really and truly, I have not the least memory of it...
{nothing, nada ne rien}
SCAREY....
So, my friends, what else lurks in my closet--
I am almost afraid to look now.....
Do any of you recall my making this???
Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(wondering-euse-?-?)



Reading "Dark Nantucket Noon" by Jane Langton...love her books...
ReplyDeleteWell, look at that! I think sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves and say, "Okay then!" Both of your Buckeye Beauty designs are beauties. I agree that the blue block in the tablerunner size should go in the middle. Fun to see what can be done with these blocks!
ReplyDeleteI can not remember all of my own projects either, so I know this happens. It's a fun find though! Go with the flow I say. π
ReplyDeleteScarey indeed, when you can't remember stitching this. Have you checked back on your blog, it must be there somewhere. Or maybe those stitching faries are playing tricks on you.
ReplyDeleteI remember you making the first BE Beauty, I thought the new batch was a continuation. Both results are great, good for you! I remember the Stars one bec I don't uusually like diagonal blocks, like BEB or Jacobs Ladder, Road to California etc, and I was so impressed by the result of the Stars.
ReplyDeleteI've forgotten a small quilt I made a friends years ago. She's shown my pictures and it looks familiar but I can't remember making it. Who knows?? I think it's normal for us quilters who love to work on many projects at the same time!!
ReplyDeleteThose blocks are beautiful, Julierose! I agree the blue one should be in the middle. It will make a pretty table runner. Sorry you have forgotten about those blocks. You should have a record on your blog? It happens. Earlier this year I went through some boxes and there were a few blocks I couldn't for my life remember I made! It must have been that closet fairy who did it! lol
ReplyDeleteI thought you had made some blocks previously but I didn't remember what layout you used when you sewed them together. Both pieces are pretty and I'm glad you retrieved the blocks from the trash.
ReplyDeleteYou're not alone! I made the pillowcases for the grandies and totally mis-remembered that I had purchased a couple pieces of Minecraft-themed fabrics I planned to use for trim. Found them in my cleanout last week and totally hadn't given them another thought after I bought them. Ooops. Hope one of the grandies is still 'in' to Minecraft next year! AND that I remember I have the fabric - that could be a miracle.
ReplyDeleteMy problem isn't forgetting what I made, it's finishing them. I guess I just prefer piecing the blocks. Sometimes they get sewn together, but then not quilted. I'm retired so I have no excuse. Right now I'm trying to finish a couple old RSC projects to get them to flimsy stage and then I'll donate them to Cynthia at Many Hands and Many Hearts.
ReplyDeletePat
You are in good company, my friend. By the way, if you see those fairies, please send them my way.
ReplyDelete