About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, December 21, 2025

HOLIDAY BAKING, et al

 

I made my Orange Chocolate fudge
this morning and it is setting in
the fridge:

Below is the (obviously) 
well used:)))) recipe
{click to enlarge}

and below
is my

Delicious White Chocolate fudge...
😋😋😋😋

Friendship Christmas Fudge 
 never fail recipe
above;;;;;;

{using white chocolate bits,
dried cranberries, freshly
zested orange rind, and
 I used sliced almonds
this time...}

So I can check these off my 
list for Christmas preps
;))))

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
AND...
While I was putting the fudges
together, I put two trays of
diced, stale bread crusts
dotted with olive oil and 
spices to make our next
batch of croutons.
I cannot see throwing crusts away that we
really don't eat that much!!
Instead I save them in the fridge and
dice them up right before
baking...
They take about 1&1/2 hrs 
at 225 degrees---
stirred about 
once halfway
through....
(don't stint on the good olive oil!!)

And now they will be savored on salads
and on Tom's soups--he is going
to make Canadian yellow 
pea soup tomorrow for us...
What a guy👴
👄👫😗

*******************
I hope you are all making headway
with your preparations for the 
big day...or if you don't do holidays,
are just enjoying this little respite from
the bitter cold today...

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(resting-oof-dah-euse)








13 comments:

  1. Not much time for reading this morning--but i will take a little nap now, I think:::::))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your fudge varieties look yummy! And those recipes look easy, too. I remember fudge being very finicky to make back in the day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good day in the kitchen! I love pea soup. I haven't heard of Canadian yellow pea soup so I'll look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember the last time I had fudge but I could be easily convinced to try your Orange Chocolate version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to use crusts. There are way too much waste among people these days. Your fudges look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes please to the Orange Chocolate fudge. Actually, it all sounds delicious. Such a good idea to bake the bread crusts. Croutons are always fabulous in salads and soups. Your place must smell divine with all these flavours swirling around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both pans of fudge look delish! That white chocolate made my mouth water. I've made tea cups and peanut butter blossoms so far. Next up are sand tarts. I don't think we are making everything this year. The kids are trying to be 'healthy.' Bah Humbug!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the fudge looks delicious!!! I can seriously tell that the recipe is well used. The "good" recipes have evidence of use on them at my house too. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Your fudges look tempting. And homemade croutons make a lot of sense with stale bread that would otherwise be thrown away. I'm not baking anything this year. With only my daughter coming on Christmas Eve, it doesn't make sense to make dozens of cookies. I'm getting lazy in my old age.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your fudge looks so tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent plan for the croutons - and you are so right about good olive oil! We've done early Christmas with Young Man's family and are now almost ready for our own quiet Christmas Day. Happy welcome-to-the-other-side-of-the-winter-solstice days, and thanks for the fudge recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fudge looks yummy! Greg just made a batch of chocolate to give some to his Dad. I'll make some cookies today to go with it for a little tray for him. Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be taking my checkerboard cake tomorrow morning! I haven't made it in years. I hope it comes out good! Your fudge looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.