About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, December 28, 2025

"SENTIMENTAL SCROLL"--HAND STITCHING

 

Here are the first two finished panels for my
"Sentimental Scroll" 
all hand sewn together...

Below is how they will attach 
(wind around) to my
Grand-pere's old velvet mill bobbin
that he brought home 
when he retired----
part of the "Sentimental" 
idea that sparked this project
for me...
↧↧↧↧
As you can see, it is a good sized
bobbin; I will be adding on a 
fabric piece to the left end of 
that first panel to be
sewn around the bobbin 
to hold it all in place once
all the panels are attached 
and done...

Below is the 3rd panel 
I have just begun to set up
↧↧↧↧
The central bit of bureau scarf 
was hand embroidered by my 
Grand-mere...
The flowers represent her 
love of gardening....
and the color blue...

The chunky "stems" are part 
of the leftover fabric
from my "Dark Days" project..
and that blue silk strip is leftover
from a dress Mom made for me...;))))

I will be adding stitches and other
bits and bobs to this as I go along...
You can see the "kantha" stitching I have
begun to add in white perle #8 cotton
on the right hand side...

So I will be using bits of crocheted
lace, doilies, and embroideries
made by my
Grand-mere 
that I still have left, and 
also some leftover fabrics
from my Mom's sewing for me, 
and a few 
vintage yo-yos (as above).

***********************
I hope those of you who celebrated the
Holidays had a wonderful time....
Our little gathering was truly 
wonderful....💖

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(slow-stitching-euse)








10 comments:

  1. You are enjoying making this arent you, it is so full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're adding pieces that mean so much to you. Such a great tribute to your family members

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special project, Julie. I am just a bit better tonight and loved seeing your beautiful gentle work. More soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a sweet project, Julierose! I saw some scrolls on another blog today, and I'm inspired to try that myself. Not quite sure how to start, though. Do you start with a long piece of batting, and add fabric and quilting stitches to each side? The other blog is https://densyendehimmel.blogspot.com/2025/12/best-of-2025.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. I am currently sketching out ideas for a new stitch project too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are the Queen of Scroll-making! Every time I see one I kick myself for holding onto a wooden spindle for too many years to count and then I finally donated it, JUST prior to when I saw people using them for scrolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sentimental scroll is full of special pieces. I love that even the bobbin has special meaning. This will be a wonderful family treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scroll and the bobbin. (Those old bobbins have such a lovely patina.) Happy New Year to you and Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely project! So many precious pieces in it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.