About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, January 24, 2026

HELGA'S RETURN, et al

 

Helga decided she wanted to work with little squares
first thing when she returned...
😂😁😀😄😅😉

Here is her first effort: below

:)))))
She is sewing beautifully...

We are all set up for the next round tomorrow..
we are trying webbing these rows...
Seems to work pretty well...


******************************
Meanwhile I have set up my
latest "Sentimental Scroll"
panel
I have invisible basted all the collaged pieces
in place so I could remove the pins

Blow you can see the little dimples the
basting stitches make on the front...
I learned this method from a class I took long ago 
on Jude Hill's blog
[called then "Spirit Cloth" ].

Next in line will be for me to whip stitch all
those raw edges before I begin
the embellishment rounds...

And here are two of my favorite 
hand stitching helpers..
↧↧↧↧
I use this little wooden thread caddy to hold
and deliver my basting thread, 
and the thread magic keeps the threads
from tangling and knotting as much...
;)))
There is a little magnet on the top right
of the caddy  to park your needle....
I really love this great gadget...
💓💖💗
*************************
On the amaryllis front:

Five huge flowers on the
top of the first stem are pulling
my flowers over..

I had to prop it up a bit...

and the leaves have decided to
lie down on the job!! 
They did this once before and then
righted themselves--but this time 
they look a lot lower!!!!
S T R A N G E ...

**********************
So far no snow here--
I think that the storm 
is due to hit us overnight 
and most of Sunday
and Monday--followed
by freezing sleet...
☃⛄⛇
🌚
If you are in the path of this 
"snow-ma-geddon"
stay safe and warm...
hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(happy-to-be-sewing-with-Helga-euse)













13 comments:

  1. "Ohhhh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and if you've no place to go---
    let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....."
    ;)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Helga is home and working well. Snow here with freezing rain overnight (yuck).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new block! I'm glad Helga is cooperating nicely.
    Beautiful Amaryllis. Yes the leave sometimes keel over like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your amaryllis is certainly trying to impress! I'm with Helga. Sewing little squares is a fun way to pass the time. She obviously had a lovely time in the spar. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, Helga, I know you'll be all rejuvenated and sew beautifully. The Sentimental scroll is lovely.
    I m so bored w this storm, it's been on it s way for ten days? two weeks? yawn. It's the cold that upsets me, tonite is okay but last night I couldn't keep the bedroom warm. So worried about Mo getting chilled, but we survived. Very cold for next week or more so we must learn to cope.

    stay warm

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say you learn something every day and today, thanks to you, I have. Why on earth did I not know that trick about invisible basting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. good that the machine is working properly have fun with all those little squares. The flowers are pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your new piecing project! Helga must be very happy to be home. And the amaryllis blooms are just beautiful, too. Stay safe and warm, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Helga is home again. Pretty new block. Beautiful Amaryllis flowers. Here we can grow them in the garden. Looking forward to see progress on Sentimental Scroll. I didn't know that basting trick either, thanks for sharing. Stay inside, stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaw so glad to hear Helga is home and is ready to get to work. Your block is gorgeous, Julierose. I adore the fabrics you are using. Your little thread caddy is pretty nifty and quite handy. Stay warm and cozy . Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helga's a sturdy Scandinavian so this cold weather doesn't bother her at all! Looks like an interesting scrappy block. My amaryllis is finally growing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad Helga is home and humming along. She has some nice blocks in the works. The caddy seems to be a very handy tool. Thread Magic is wonderful. Your amaryllis is beautiful. I hope the leaves perk up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for the return of Helga! She did a very cute little block.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.