Since before the Holiday Season I haven't
found any project for Helga that:
"Floats My Boat" !!
😳😱😮ğŸ˜
Perhaps, I've just made too many quilts????
I want a machine piecing project to offset
my hand work as I can only do just so
much of that before my hands give out!!
(See "moanin' " above!!
👿👾👽💀👹👺)
I have been searching blogs, Youtube, google,
etc etc for weeks now...
and telling myself
↯↯↯↯
But it's not---
Really...
N O T!!
So, I may be absent for
a while......
not MIA
which is "Missing in Action"
but, MNIA
Missing, NOT in Action...
Stay tuned....
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(searching-euse)
P.S. Also nothing good on tv either--
or that we like anyway!!

Can't find a good book either!! Bah humbug!!
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose, I hope you get your SewJo back soon! Have you read Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan? I thought that was a great book. Hope your hands do okay through this year!
ReplyDeleteI spent most of December puttering with my papers and avoiding the sewing studio entirely. I'm only just beginning to get motivated there even now. I truly think we need a break every so often and it isn't a crisis, just a spell of time when our interests are unfocused. What if you go with the handwork, pick up a book you loved and re-read it instead of searching for a new one, re-watch movies you loved instead of being unhappy with new ones, avoid the news as much as humanly possible, and stop searching for the next thing so it can sneak in and surprise you. Your Chinese proverb in the side bar says it all "If you keep a green bough in your heart, the singing bird will come. Sending hugs for your MNIA days.
ReplyDeleteHi! We're having such beautiful calm sunny January Thaw days---and shouldn't complain. And yet--I so totally agree. I d be happy to never see another quilt or sewing machine. And---no books to read! During the worst days of the flu I reread some Jonathan Kellerman therapist/ mysteries. Horrible. His city/ LA/ is such a cesspool...
ReplyDeleteI enjoy anything you write about, need not be about quilting. Don't give up!
love
lizzy
It seems like I go through those spells too, Julierose- where nothing "calls to me to be worked on." I would like to think it is our brains telling us we need a "creative rest"- Hmmm perhaps. I hope that you get your mojo back soon. Stay warm and cozy. Big hugs.
ReplyDeleteThat is when I start looking through all of the drawers and project boxes, and shelves of fabric, and eventually something pops up that I want to work on.
ReplyDeleteYes it seems like you need a little break from stitching. Concentrate on the two of you, plan a nice outing somewhere, morning or afternoon tea somewhere nice, go for a drive.
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting how things ebb and flow. Last January I was feeling just like you and questioning every idea I came up with. This January I just want to sit in my sewing room and sew but I can't because I'm on a restricted diet and so meal prep takes longer, there are numerous grandchildren birthdays, and I have a friend who's husband has dementia and I'm her sounding board.
ReplyDeleteHave you thought about doing some family history, that always feels good.
I think the holidays may have tired you out because I feel they surely tired me out! There's just too much to do. I think a little rest will do you good. You'll get inspired soon enough.
ReplyDeleteOh my! Taking a little break to reset may be the ticket. I have found the crumb / slab blocks that we all exchanged back when Dawn was blogging. I'm hoping to come up with a project for them. Do you remember those blocks?
ReplyDeleteSeems you are having my January last year. Sigh, I hope yours recovers sooner than mine. I just finished Carolina Christmas series by Hope Holloway. She also had a 7 book series of a family in St. Augustine. Good writer. I agree, reread something you enjoy. Watch older loved movies, do something fun. Big hugs to you (I'm itching to machine sew but let hubby use my table to build stuff for a day or two!)
ReplyDeleteI was in this place before the holidays. So sorry you are stuck. Sometimes we just need to sit in the empty space.
ReplyDeleteStruggling mightily here as well. Sending hugs.
ReplyDeleteSometimes a break is just what you need. Inspiration will hit when you least expect it. Take care. Gail at the cozy quilter
ReplyDeleteI like Juliann's comment about needing to sit in the empty space. That was profound! I'm sure your mojo will return when it's ready and in the meantime enjoy that empty space.
ReplyDeleteAs for tv viewing - I don't know if you get Disney but we've been really enjoying watching 'White Collar'. Sadly there's only 3 episodes left for us to enjoy. Great characters and not your typical murder and mayhem type of mystery.
Don't despair Julierose; breaks are good and we all need one now and then. Creative whims ebb and flow like a tide. I'm positive your will to create will return and be stronger than ever. I watch a lot of Youtube stitching shows especially when hand stitching. J
ReplyDelete