About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, April 14, 2026

LOLLIPOP FLOWER MEDALLION RETURNS, et al

 

Lollipop Flower Medallion 
(BB1 from Audrey's blog )
{Begun in 2023!!!!}

I took this out and thought I would try
to do a few lines of hand quilting today.

Tom and I sat out on our deck 
for the first time
this year from 10:00 a.m.--temp 73--
to 3:00 p.m.
It was simply beautiful.
πŸ‘«πŸ˜‡πŸ˜Š

I have always had handwork with me 
sitting on our deck through the years
and so, today I took my semi-finished
Lollipop top and thought I'd see how my
hands would fare.

I only did three lengths of thread
and so far nothing hurts...
Hopefully I can finish this one.
Here is where I am at with it....
Working on the first border 
round of squares
on either side...

My lack of hand quilting for such a long time
now shows in the uneveness of my stitches...
;((((---
they are kind of wobbling along; but 
I will continue to work on this as long
as my hands last...and I figure wavering
stitches are better than no stitches at all!!

It felt just SO good and SO right to be
hand quilting once again...

Now just to not 
"Overdo it"!!
R I G H T?????

Here I am on my lounge chair with 
everything to hand..
how relaxing...
I had hand quilted all of the 
central medallion section
 before I had to put it aside...

I really want to finish this...
Wish me luck☺
✌πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘‹πŸ‘

Here is my DH seated at our little glass top
table with his binoculars and bird book
waiting for Mr. Hawk to appear to see if
he can figure out which type it is...
We have 3-4 different varieties that 
reside in our area...

As you can see we have a beautiful, clear
blue blue sky above and the trees are
beginning to show their red buds now...

Spring has sprung for us for the next
few days at least....

Hugs to you all, 
Julierose, La blageuse
(didn't-sew-the binding-on-JRJ2-yet-euse)
Too nice out to be inside
πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜











15 comments:

  1. Re-reading "The Lost Man" by Jane Harper...her books are so good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice when the weather allows us to sit and relax on the deck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your BB1 is looking great! I'm slowly, very slowly hand quilting my own BB1. Seems like it is taking forever, but needs to get done since BB2 is all layered and pinned and ready for its turn under the needle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting out on the deck with handwork sounds lovely, Julierose! That means Spring has come to stay. I think your medallion piece looks so pretty, and so do your stitches. Those pops of yellow really catch the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you and your dear hubby enjoyed such a delightful day on the deck. Your Lollipop quilt is gorgeous, Julierose. Your hand quilting is simply beautiful. I am glad that your hand did not give you any trouble. Was your hubby able to identify Mr. Hawk? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to quilt my BB1 or BB2. It is still sweater weather here and pretty wet so outside stitching will have to wait. I envy your set up. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when you were working on the Lollipop project so I guess I must have been following you for a while. Sitting on the deck with stitching in hand sounds like a pretty perfect way to spend the day. Yesterday it was almost warm enough to sit outside but the wind was still cool. Today it's back to rain and chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never mastered hand quilting. I know it's probably just a matter of practice. I enjoy hand sewing down bindings, but hand quilting and applique just aren't in my wheelhouse. We are going to have temps in the upper 70's and one day 80 for the next few days, but then back to several nights in the 20's. The erratic weather swings continue.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you were able to accomplish so much without pain to your hand. Sitting on the deck and spotting such wildlife was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice to have a good warm day and a blue, blue sky. Alternating between machine and hand sewing will keep the pain away. It's nice that you know you have a binding lined up and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather has been so nice these last few days. I think your handwork looks great! It adds so much texture to your quilt. I love listening to the birds this time of year. I can never manage to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so pretty! The crazy flowers in the border are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Lollipop Flowers is wonderful
    {my colors!] and how great that you sat out quilting~ Finally!! Do you ever worry about early spring sunburn?, hands and face?
    Did Tom see the hawk? A drawback of having hawks come, according to my dad back in the day, it that they scare away the songbirds, esp during nesting time. I see them over the dunes, lurking, hunting [dune rats! bunnies!] but never can ID them.
    Pace yourself w that handwork, as you well know. Without Mo to keep me on schedule I have overworked on the machine. My shoulders and lower back are screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is nothing like soaking in the sun, a gentle breeze, and a quilt project on your lap. BB1 is going to look great with all that stitching. I hope you'll be able to have a finish soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilting on Lollipop Flowers is looking nice, Julierose. I can't see uneven stitches. So glad to hear you are enjoying some pretty weather and that deck sitting season has begun,

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.