Jelly Roll Jazz--the 2nd quilt from the
blue batik jelly roll is all
quilted--finally!!!!
and
I've made the binding for it
this morning the same as for
Jelly Roll Jive...I had some left
over and just added to it...I am
hoping to get it sewn on tomorrow...
:)))
********************************
Spring is showing its colors around
here now....↧↧↧↧
Daffodils on my front walk border bloomed
this weekend....so cheery and pretty...
More by the big rock in the front of our house....
And here are tulips I treated myself with on our
front step...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I decided to sew all the little crumb blocks
together for the start of a
Medallion Style piece....
I just love these little Franken-quilt
pieces to use up my really
little strips and fabric orts...
:)))))
So, now I am pondering what
color first "stop" border
I should use....I am
thinking that since
this is so "busy"
perhaps a solid
or mottled fabric
would be best...
*********************
Did you watch this???
AMAZING!!!
whole splash down of Artemis II
--totally entranced with it all.
Even eating our dinner
in front of the tv!!
What an amazing feat!!!
NASA has outdone itself
What an exciting
and hopeful
achievement...
I hope your Sunday is full of
happy things...
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(still-sewing-euse)






Reading "Murder of A Lover" by Faith Martin...
ReplyDeleteAs far as the first stop border, your tulip photo offers good insight. Happy you have things blooming! And yes, the splashdown and the entire trip was a solid reminder of what we CAN do (along with memories of watching John Glenn and others splash down when I was much younger).
ReplyDeleteI always eat my dinner in front of the TV, like to watch the news and keep up with what is going on. The whole world watched the safe reentry and splash down, what an amazing trip. And I remember being just as enthralled 50 years ago when we watched the moon landing, we didn't have a TV back then so went to watch with friends who did have one.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are in the home stretch with Jelly Roll Jive and how wonderful you had enough fabric left over for binding. Your flowers look amazing, Julierose. Doesn't new flowers brighten your day? I agree NASA outdone themselves. I am already excited for the next adventure. Have a blessed day. Hugs .
ReplyDeleteJelly Roll Jazz looks like a pretty one, and I love your scrappy red and white piece, too! Isn't it lovely to see the daffodils and tulips? They are definitely cheery!
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely projects. I esp love the ''crumbs'', could noy do this myself, it's so cute and quirky.
ReplyDeleteYour spring flowers are so pretty, finally!
No flowers to be seen here as yet but perhaps this week because we're supposed to be getting temps in the low double digits.
ReplyDeleteHugely relieved that the astranauts came home safely.
You are moving along on the jelly rolls quilts. And the crumb piece looks like a lot of fun, too. It's nice to see some blooms, doesn't it. Here is hoping we are truly on our way into full spring.
ReplyDeleteYes, I watched the splashdown! What a triumph! I like the blues, and I really like the superscrappy reds. I replaced the Easter daffodil bouquet on the dining table with another bunch of daffs. Love them.
ReplyDeleteYay! Another close to finish! Outside color gives us hope spring is really here.
ReplyDeleteThe re-entry/splashdown was amazing. Even more amazing is that the tremendous heat couldn't get inside of the capsule and that they were safe.
Oh Julierose, that red/white/pink piece is so wonderful. Every color rocks. Thanks for popping by, too!
ReplyDeleteYou made those quilts so quickly! I love the crumb quilt and I agree that a solid/mottled would be good for a border. I watched the splashdown too! It was so fun to watch. The whole trip was fantastic!
ReplyDelete