About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, April 18, 2026

SPRING FLOWERS, et al

 

Our magnolia has burst into bloom
with yesterday's rain showers...

Don't you just L💗VE the colors
they are wearing????;)))))

And

More daffodils have come out
also...
with more to come....

****************************

Jelly Roll Jazz is all finished...
I put the binding on yesterday;
this is the second quilt I got from that
one blue batik jelly roll...;)))
 and
Here is the back where I just
cobbled together fabrics...
The pink and the green pieces came as 
a gift from Wanda--thank you so
much for these lovely pieces...;))))--
and the rest of the KF fabric that I had
forms the bigger section across the backing...

So finally....
DONE AND DUSTED!!! 

Oh yes, except for the label..
I have one for Jelly Roll Jive
ready to sew on and need to make
one for Jelly Roll Jazz now...

***************************
If you like a really good, scarey
ghost story this book is the one
for you....👻👻👻👻
Sort of a ghost and romance and 
mystery all rolled into one;)))
I am loving it!!💜👻💀

******************************
Meanwhile I am auditioning fabrics
 for the first little "stop" border 
on my
"Franken-Crumb" piece...
I decided to sew all those little blocks 
together into what will hopefully be the
central medallion on my next 
"Fun" piece...


Here are my choices I culled from my stash:
↴↴↴↴
What do you think?
I am leaning toward the bottom strip for that 1st
little stop border before I begin adding other borders...
[It is cut at 2" ...]
**************************************

I will be resting my hands, shoulders, and back after
adding  the JRJazz binding through Helga yesterday...

It is a gray overcast day here with a few spits of
raindrops and, we hear, more on the way...
54 degrees out there--most likely no
deck sitting today....

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(deciding-euse)











 






13 comments:

  1. Your magnolias are gorgeous, Julierose! What a treat to have those in your yard. Jelly Roll Jazz turned out beautifully. I like those chunks of the pretty print in between all the blues. The dark red stop border for the crumb piece sounds perfect to frame all that scrap-happiness, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers! The daffs in the park across the river have started to bloom and I really wish my camera was able to get a decent picture of them.
    Well done to get two quilts out of one jelly roll. They're so expensive so you really want to use all you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! The magnolia is so lovely! Jelly Roll Jazz looks so great - nice work. I like your choice of the bottom border but I have to admit, they all look terrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love those pink magnolias!!
    Yay! Another finish.
    I like the border choice on the left, but I know that in person they look a little different, so your choice is probably best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your magnolia tree is magnificent, Julierose. I bet it smells divine. Woo hoo on the Jelly Roll Jazz! It is spectacular! And the backing is just as beautiful. Aaaw , Frankencrumb. You come up with some of the best names. I think the dark red border will look great . I am excited to watch Frankencrumb come to life! Hee! Hee! Enjoy your weekend. Warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH! Your magnolia flowers are so pretty! Congratulations on finishing the pretty blue JRZ quilt. Fun Franken-crumb piece. For the border; I like the bottom strip, as well as the left one. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Magnolia trees, although I've never had one growing. and Spring bulbs are always so pretty. Yes, I like the bottom pinned fabric for your border too, or even the one on the left, they are similar dark colours which work well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely pink and a nice complement to the yellow daffs. Your quilt turned out so nicely! The red scrapbuster will be terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are gorgeous this year. I hope the deer don't eat them. Love your quilt projects. Jazz is beautiful.

    I don't like dark red or maroon, so I d prob pick the bright fuschia upper right. Tho the dark reds are more effective.

    Book: I got a Kindle sample to try0--but I'm a big cheicken and get scared by ghost stories so maybe not for me.

    Hope today's cold rain passes quickly. Enjoy a warm cozy afternoon.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty flowers! Jelly roll jazz looks perfect! For the border, I like the bottom as well as the left strip. I feel that darker colors make a better frame but that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dreamy coloured magnolia flowers!! Congratulations on a finish with Jelly Roll Jazz, love it! You've picked out some lovely reds to audition, I also like the bottom piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color in your magnolia is so pretty, Julierose. Glad to see you and Helga finished another jelly roll quilt. I love the blues in that one. I think the bottom red or left side red would make a great first border for the crumb piece.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.