About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hats Off to you MA/Applique???

On this gloomy, freezing rain-spritzed day, after 6" of the "white stuff" yesterday, I was feeling kinda blue...

WHEN:  Mr. Postman brought me a package:

WOW!!  Just look at the lovely hat my good friend, MA, knitted for me.....way to go!!  It just lifted my spirits.  The rasberry highlights perfectly match my new "puffy coat" (down) that I got for Christmas.....no excuses now not to walk.  Will wear it tomorrow--if it ever stops raining here....


AND:

My same good friend made me a floppy beret (I just {heart} berets) in a very light dove-gray blue for Christmas this year--aren't I lucky to have my own personal knitter now that I can no longer knit??



A huge thank you goes out to you, MA.....


Here is The applique pattern  (by Lori Smith):  In my header I stated I want to learn to applique; well I am jumping off the high board and diving right in.....
Teresa  has excellent tutorials that I will be following. 

Today I cut out my templates for the first block (top left above)  will post my progress (my feeble attempts to do this!)

Bon Soir all  Julierose, La Blageuse

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a perfect day! The hats are very nice and I really like the colors.
    That is a very cool quilt I think you will like making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, good choice for your first applique project. Teresa has excellent tutorials and a very good method to applique. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta este quilt, y los apliques que has hecho tq han quedado muy bien!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.