About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Back from LA-LA-Land Fever

Finally, my fever has broken --it was stubbornly up over 100-101 for three brutal days--aargh. 

Am done with meds and just have that hack-ack cough....

BUT--guess what got done for me by my husband while I was sick....

Look here:



A 72" long cutting/designing table installed over a cabinet of drawers-- and


see that one storage bin on the right hiding underneath--that's all that's left of my unsorted fabrics--the new spot is here:


Let's go open those closet doors... and...peek inside...

and the other side..



VOILA!!  There is my color-sorta-sorted stash!  I am so excited to have this done.  These shelves and the cabinet with drawers were being thrown out by a local school!!  Tommy rescued them, bought a door--polyurethaned it to death, and mounted it atop the cabinet and to the wall.  A Spacious new sewing room.  I can't wait to get in there and sew.

As far as Resolutions:  I think mine is S-L-O-W  W-A-Y  D-O-W-N; do one thing at a time and really enjoy it....it's not a race to see who can make the most quilts, but rather, a hobby for me.  Fun.  Relaxation. Stress buster.....


And here is my first "web" of my Garden Spider quilt...such fun..

I know that Grand'mere Rose would love it, too

She and my little bear friend perch atop my storage cabinet next to my machine and keep me company--

Julierose, La Blageuse (P.S.  Thanks Rosemary and Waggonswest for your well wishes--love hearing from you)

4 comments:

  1. Love your new sewing room! So nice of your husband to get it ready while you were sick. I think we should all slow down! Things work out much better that way! Enjoy your new space!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you have been feeling so poorly. No fun.
    Love all those fabrics you have stashed away. That would cheer me up quickly getting to play in there with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely stash and a lovely place to work. Hope you are feeling 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon! Take advantage and rest!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.