About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

No Pix Sunday: A Question

Question:  Do you find yourself (like I did this morning) looking at all your luscious fabrics and not wanting to cut into them?  I had to ask myself, what in the heck am I saving them for?  that "pie in the sky" fantastic project?  Or what? 
SOOOOOO--
I jumped in and pulled out all those pretty blues, creams and beiges (sounds like a fabulous dessert, no?) and took a deep breath and started whacking off strips--3 7/8ths , 2", 1 1/2"--whatever. 

 I then subcut (per Bonnie Hunter's system) into squares and strips --all ready to become my next quilt.  Sigh--boy did that feel great--like I actually accomplished something, you know? What am I so anxious about--you'd think that fabric was leaving the planet tomorrow....and the world didn't come to a screeching halt because I actually used what I have!

Then, (hold onto your hats ladies):  I cut 10 1/2" squares to use for backings--all those gorgeous, sumptuous fabrics...(well...not all, really.  but a lot!!  I know, what am I going crazee here?   And...

 Since I am on a supposedly "no more buying fabric" year...(ha! we'll see just how long that will last...) I even feel virtuous.  (Even though my left hand is aching--where oh where is that wrist support i sent for? H-e-l-p!!)

How do you gals feel about your "special" fabrics???? 

Think I'll match up those squares in pairs now....see ya

Julierose, La Blageuse (Hi MA--6" of snow here--ack!!)

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. I never want to cut the fabric I love. I have no idea what I'm saving it for! I suppose you can always buy more if you really wanted to! I guess I like to look at it. Guess there's something wrong with me!! I just like it too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also do the same thing but now am starting to get past that. There is nothing worse than a bunch of fabric you didn't cut into that you don't like anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.