About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Horsey is Sporting Platform Shoes

FILE UNDER:  Testing, testing:  (Applique "Tails":)

Here she is: my first shakey attempt at prepared applique--she means to be a palomino in memory of the one I rode in California at a ranch of my Tante Mildred's friend when I was 12 years old and didn't know any better--her son (who, of course, was a cutie-pie) talked me into trying it--BAREBACK--sure, just hold onto the mane--you'll be fine....at least I didn't fall off that horse.....

Other than the flat feet (sigh)--how do you turn those tiny curves under?  And those impossiblely small turnunders between the legs-- and that teeney curve under her neck (yikes) I guess she'll do.  I felt as if my fingers were H U G E while turning those seams under .  OK.  Enough whining (or is it whinneying--hahaha!!) for this time. 

Enough horsing (!) around for tonight...I am trying Mr. Squirrel next-  he'd better cooperate!!-need a night to recouperate from this one...Julierose, La Blageuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.