About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

HAPPY BATIK BORDERS IN HEXAGONIA

I found this very old Batik in my pile and pulled it out today just because it was brown, but I think I really like it:



What do you think? Kind of "garden-looking" for my flowers....

I like ithe way it gathers all the shades of brown and lets the flowers pop out even more....

Like here --- and


here...I really tried all different colors and was really frustrated and  not finding anything that looked good.  I think this leafy batik makes me very happy.  I tend to buy fabric not for specific projects, but because they "speak" to me....how about you?

Now, I am going to handquilt this one--and I promise -- no more "Diamonds Are Forever" until it is totally done....Julierose, La Blageuse

 P.S.  have you been following the brouhaha about fabric designers?  Astounding, disappointing and unbelievable, I feel.  Especially for "scrappy" quilters.....

5 comments:

  1. I like the border fabric. Love pink and brown together, and I think it makes the flowers really pop. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your brown border. I think it really looks nice with the pink and makes your hexagon flowers look even better. I don't fully understand that whole deal about Kate Spain's fabrics. Aren't we supposed to use the darn fabric?? It is disappointing, I agree!
    P.S. I also buy fabric for no reason! I just have to like it and it's mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhhh! I love pink and brown together also. My granddaughter's nursery is done in pink and brown...sort of a modern look! I like what you have done here! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great when something unexpected happens and you find just what you needed, and you had it all along?? Quilting is the best! So what is the Brouhaha? I must be out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That border fabric is just perfect for your quilt. Oddly enough I have that same fabric in my stash in blues. It is an oldie but goodie!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.