About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

SUNDAY (AE) SPECIALS

HERE--what's hanging on my living room wall right now:



I made this using Anita Gross Solomon's Book: (which is really fabulous)



And:  Don't you have to love that Geisha fabric?  



Well, it's been up for a while now and my colorways have changed (new sofa, chairs etc):  SOoooooo:

HERE is the new panel pin-basted and ready to hand quilt:


I just love the dancing cranes from Kona Bay and the irridescent moons over the waves:



No fuss, no muss, just find a backing (I will show you that later after quilting is done--A lovely Jason Yenter Christmas print so I can reverse it for the Holidays:  A TWO-FER!)

And here are the indispensable items used so far:



The Sulky re-positionable spray, my favorite "Kwik Klip", pins and an old sweater blocking board I had bought when I was doing so much knitting.   It is just perfect to put on my dining room table (the back is felt--yes!!) and the measurement lines really help to get everything straight.  

So, this has been my Sunday Special--now for a sundae (ahem--the ice cream one--certainment) special --YUUUM!!

Avec Amities  Julierose, La Blageuse

2 comments:

  1. Julierose, love the idea of two sides for two different times of the year! So clever! I love your geisha fabric but am crazy about the crane fabric also! I love Asian prints, can you tell? I've never used that spray, maybe I should try it. Enjoy your sundae! You earned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I am not into Asian prints, I have liked that particular design. I used a similar piece on the back of a red, white, and black quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.