About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A SMALL FINISH1

I have completed the Mini Friendship Swap piece (front and back) and mailed it out  to my "Secret" Swap partner this morning--you can see that I fell prey to my love for "Toile" fabric yet again on the sides.....

Here is the back I chose--a cute Christmas print --the binding is a soft blue with tiny white dots resembling snowflakes....I can't show the entire label for that would be giving away the recipient  --but you can see the edge of it above.....I printed it on my printer and then inked in the details.

AND NOW, MOVING ON TO A WIP :

Here is my CQ block so far:


It is resting on a lovely crochet piece my Grand'mere did...


and, a little closer....

I will go back to work on my "Woven Wall" this week, too.  Am trying to figure out what kind of backing I want....thinking of "Taza" fabric I sent for and an old yellowey/goldish stripey fabric alternating....

Julierose, La Blageuse






3 comments:

  1. Your Friendship Swap piece came out great!! I bet your swap partner will love it. I love the toile too! Your crazy quilt block is so adorable with the little girl in the middle of it. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    I received the Friendship Swap quilt and I love it...thank you so much to taking the time to make something so lovely for a complete stranger.
    I will be placing it in a well positioned spot in my sewing room.
    Thank you so much, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your work is so pretty. I especially love your CQ block - the little girl is so sweet and the color combination perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.