I have completed the Mini Friendship Swap piece (front and back) and mailed it out to my "Secret" Swap partner this morning--you can see that I fell prey to my love for "Toile" fabric yet again on the sides.....
Here is the back I chose--a cute Christmas print --the binding is a soft blue with tiny white dots resembling snowflakes....I can't show the entire label for that would be giving away the recipient --but you can see the edge of it above.....I printed it on my printer and then inked in the details.
AND NOW, MOVING ON TO A WIP :
Here is my CQ block so far:
It is resting on a lovely crochet piece my Grand'mere did...
and, a little closer....
I will go back to work on my "Woven Wall" this week, too. Am trying to figure out what kind of backing I want....thinking of "Taza" fabric I sent for and an old yellowey/goldish stripey fabric alternating....
Julierose, La Blageuse
Your Friendship Swap piece came out great!! I bet your swap partner will love it. I love the toile too! Your crazy quilt block is so adorable with the little girl in the middle of it. So pretty!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie,
ReplyDeleteI received the Friendship Swap quilt and I love it...thank you so much to taking the time to make something so lovely for a complete stranger.
I will be placing it in a well positioned spot in my sewing room.
Thank you so much, Michele
All of your work is so pretty. I especially love your CQ block - the little girl is so sweet and the color combination perfect for her!
ReplyDelete