About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I AM GOING CRAZEE

Here are my fledgling attempts to embroider and embellish my first Crazee block:
"Sea Flower Girl":


I am trying out some new stitches and also nettings...


It is such fun work; very improvisational....I do keep worrying about "over-do-ing"--but I guess crazy quilters keep on adding and adding (from pix I've seen) --beads and buttons, dangling things....so VERY different from the flat surfaces I've done. I just take a deep breath, gaze (for a VERY long time) and add something else....hopefully it'll all pull together.  I am thinking about --dreaming about, starfish, octopi, blue crabs, seaweed, mermaids...even craving salty snacks...oh my....LOL)...

Your "undersea" Julierose, La Blageuse  

3 comments:

  1. What a great project, Julierose! I suppose there are endless possibilities as to what you can do with a block. Just take your time and I'm sure it will be just wonderful! Looks great so far! Keep posting your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl.....anything worth doing is worth 'over doing'!!! HA!
    Those crazy blocks can get pretty wild and gussied up but I always thought that was the way they were supposed to look.

    I.LIKE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy quilting is just that. CRAZY LOL I love it and you have done a great job so far. I made holiday stockings one year crazy style with lace and pearls and ribbon flowers and embroidery. the piece told me when it was "enough'. it was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.