About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, September 28, 2012

TREASURES FROM DOWN UNDER: HI MERRILL!

HERE IS THE" MINI FRIENDSHIP QUILT SWAP"   QUILT THAT MERRILL SENT ME--- all the way from Australia--(she is my secret partner).  The stitching is stunning and the fabrics are just lovely. She added a birdbath and decorated hearts in the four corners--I am so thrilled with it!!  It is so sentimental and sweet.

AND HERE IS THE BACK:


SHOWCASING A LOVELY bird fabric and a sweet label...AND, that's not all......


LOOK AT all these extra goodies:  A needlecase she made and embroidered (how did she get those stitches so even???) at a Lynette Anderson sew-in, a notebook for ideas, 2 of the cutest little sticky notepads and 2 pieces of Australian fabric:  one with Koala Bears saying Merry Christmas and one with Kangaroos jumping Merry Christmas, too.  On this rainy grey day here in the S. Eastern USA, a bit of sunny Down Under to brighten my day.  

I have to decide how to showcase that fabric--perhaps for an ABC or I SPY quilt for Fiona--where else  could you find Koalas and Roos singing "Merry Christmas"???  I am a lucky girl...Thank you so much Merrill for your generosity....Julierose, La Blageuse



2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet embroidery design. The sentiment is oh so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely mini quilt and goodie package! Your swap turned out to be so wonderful! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.