About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

BLUES IN MAY (RSC-13)






HERE are the first "made fabrics" for the RSC13 month of May --sapphire blues...








AND:

You can see that some are not really sapphire--but my blues (I found out) are limited..









And I thought this little flower print kind of looked like little sea flowers..
most of my blues are sea-themed...


Here is how the big pieces look:  I sewed the bits and bobs together--what fun!!  I need a break from "seriousness"--seriously (LOL) right now.  












Bigger pieces to be cut into -- I don't know yet what shape(s) (blogger all of a sudden made my print very small!!  Ack!)
Yours, on a pea soup foggy day
Julierose, La blageuse









17 comments:

  1. Hello Julie,
    your "new" fabrics are so beautiful. I am very interesting what you are doing with these little blocks. - Since two hours the frog comes from the valley to our little hill. It's wonderful to do some stitches: two pillows with stars.
    All the best for you and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous blue fabrics! I love what you're doing! Keep it up and post more pictures! I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to not have much blue either. I have rediscovered it. What are you making?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great "made" fabric". I hope it turns into something lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely fabrics and lovely blue sky in your previous post (roll on summer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun crumb blocks. Can't wait to see what you do with them. I think they are sapphire blue...if you google sapphire blue you will see quite a color range.

    I know what you need about a break from serious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bright blue crumb blocks look great! You have a lovely variety of blue fabrics that keep the piece interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great blues. I love the fish fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo - how fun, making your own blue fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! I found out that most of my blue is greenish blue/aqua...who knew?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blues are looking very nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your "made" fabric a lot... something I need to try one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your blue fabrics! And fun blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see so many different blue novelty prints - I don't have enough of those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty blue novelty prints in your 'stress free' sewing! They'll make a great I spy in a future quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What pretty colors and prints. This will be lovely. A note on your blog hopping question. YES, hand quilted baby quilt will hold up. It will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun to play like this... happy little crumbs and happy 'new fabric'! Now it will be fun to see what you do with them....!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.