About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

A TEENEY, TINY PEEK


Here is a peek at my latest "big" project.  All pin-basted and ready to quilt--yay!!  
I cannot show you the whole thing....as a certain family member (you know who you are LOL) will be reading this post and I want this to be a surprise! 

I followed Elizabeth Hartman's ( Oh Fransson ) directions in her wonderful book "Modern Patchwork" for getting the layers together and basting.  Her methods are easy and give great results.  The back is even smooth....

Today I go to my LQS to get a walking foot, go food shopping, walk, try to eat less (hah) and generally get things done around here.  

this will be my first attempt at machine quilting on "Helga"--I have been a little hesitant to machine quilt a bigger project (other than mug rugs) on her.  So, I will practice on a few smaller projects I have--like the borders on this baby, which has been hanging around --




Most likely UPSIDE DOWN (lol)--IN MY DARK CLOSET......

That's it for today...Au Revoir, Julierose, La Blageuse

6 comments:

  1. So fun to make a quilt for a special friend or family member! Looks like a cute one!! Don't forget to show us when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the whole project! Hope your machine quilting works out! I think you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm, so curious who this mystery project could be for???? :-) Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...now, I wonder (tee-hee). Don't you love surprises?

      Delete
  4. Judging from the sneak peak your family member is going to be very happy with the quilt. I'm sure your quilting will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julie,
    the little bit of the quilt looks so cute. I'm very interesting to see the whole quilt finish. Don't forget to show your machine quilting too.
    Have a nice weekend and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.