About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, May 3, 2013

RSC13- HOW BLUE AM I?


Spring has come on tippy-toes here; one warm day, the next windy and cold!  
Our new color for May in RSC13 is Blue--but Bright blues.  

I find it difficult to distinguish the brights in my scraps; maybe because they are mostly pieces of novelty prints and have lotsa colors and blue predominant? 

AND, I want to sew up some "made" fabric I think as these scraps are small--no biggies!  

I am still sorting..you'd think I'd have a lot of blues..but not so...will post more on this as I begin to sew....

AND now here is my latest work on my cross (emphasis on cross!) stitchery:

 I was working along (minding my business--when whap, slam, alacazam!) I mis-counted>  My (free spirited) bird is one little thread too low!  How did i do this?????I counted, re-counted, got a cup of tea and sipped some, took a deep breath and counted yet again...and 

STILL DID IT WRONG---aaargh! 
I hear the distant peeps of many "frogs" chorusing up my street and coming for a visit!  Oh, no!  I have to UNDO it.  This is a lot of hours work....and so it goes mes amies...Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme...

I leave you with the vision of me undoing all those lil' stitches.  DH thinks I should leave it there--but I will always K N O W it's there..Hmmmpfh!
Hugs and sighs from:
Julierose, La Blageuse "Cross-euse"

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that nasty frog paid you a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. It will always bother you if you know there's something incorrect. I would have done the same thing. Frogs visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer. I'm with your hubby and would modify it a bit by adding a line if I could. Good luck with the frogging and hopefully the counting goes better the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unstitching is no fun at all. Who is to say your little fellow can't be a bit different from the pattern? Maybe there is a way to fix it without undoing all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there. Done that. Feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.