About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, May 27, 2013

MEMORIAL DAY PIX


Here is the "Summer" side of my King-size reversible (yup--I pieced BOTH sides--but I was a lot younger & crazier then lol) ! It is just too big to get it all in one photo:
Here are a few shots of my label (click to enlarge):

"Dreamscape: A Quilt to:


Navigate the....

New Millenium"...

This took me TWO years...it is machine pieced and tied...

Am having my wonderful friend Mary Ann over for a chicken BBQ (Thom is Le Chef @ le grill!) this afternoon (sure hope my neighbor stops mowing his lawn!!!) anyhoo..potato salad, deviled eggs and she is providing dessert.  What a blessing to have a friend to celebrate with...

She is a quilter, knitter, sewer magnifique--sooo, we can sit and craft, snack and have a bit o' wine--but of course--all together....what fun!!  

I hope you are all enjoying friends and family for your celebration.

Ruby Begonia sends you her best:

Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse..

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Begonia! Sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend. And a two sided quilt! I'll bet it's beautiful, too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! Enjoy the holiday! It's finally sunny and warming up here! Enjoy your company too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a great day! I had a relaxing one. made non traditional one of shephards pie early in the day so that I could sew later on. perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a lovely time with your frined - she sounds like great company!! A two sided quilt sounds like a lot of work but so neat to have made!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julie,
    what a gorgeous quilt, such beautiful fabrics you used. I love it. Your Begonia is so beautiful. Sounds like a wonderful day with you friends, enjoy the days of summer.
    Have a nice week and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you had a great day with Mary Ann! Glad you've got the "Chef" working the grill :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.