About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

CQJP /Diet Update/Project Life



Twelve backgrounds for my 2014 CQJP (Crazy Quilt Journal Project) finished today.  YAY!!!!
Now I can begin the year long process of embroidering each one in the evenings while I watch
Downton Abbey....

In other news, I managed to mantain 25 of the 26 pounds I lost over Christmas--I did "EAT" 
normally--mashed potatoes, candy, crackers etc. 

This morning I am back "on the diet wagon".  

This is my notebook--I write every morsel down that I consume---  and my scale and various  tools I need  as I continue down this weight loss road:

I am set up on my kitchen counter near the stove...

Here is my breakfast today--a 2-egg omelet, fried in real butter with 1 tbs real cream cheese filling--
It was SOOOO yummy:

I have become quite the omelet chef-ette these days...lol--When 'Kota was here she
"Shared" my omelet with me--you know she has to be pretty special for me to part with
any bits of this one!!  Hah! 

Lunches and Dinners have a salad with some kind of protein and snacks contain veggies and
protein (like full fat yogurt or ricotta or 1/2 avocado with cheese etc.).

Since this diet plan contains a lot of the food I like anyway--it's just portioning it out and adding up...a daily total of not more than 25 - 30 carbs/day...Easy Peasy

I will post about my return to Project Life Scrapbooking later on....I have set up about 1/4 of my sewing room dedicated to scrapping and am still on the lookout for a nice "under-the-counter" shelf unit to store my most frequently used tools, embellishments and photos etc.

I have to say that we all had a fabulous Christmas (we celebrated on the 26th) and so enjoyed
having everyone here....pix to come. 

Hugs to all of you--enjoy this "quiet week" --the hiatus time before New Year's
Are any of you resolution makers?  I used to be....but not so much anymore...

Julierose, La Blageuse

7 comments:

  1. It sound like this has become your lifestyle which means you will be successful. Congratulations and a belated Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not imagine, that your 12 Crazyblocks are finished. They look great. You are so busy. I am not able to do anything in my sewingroom. I hope that I can start again in the end of next week. In the meantime I have collected many ideas for my crazyblocks. Perhaps you'll have a look at my pinterest board.
    It'*s wonderful to read about your weightlost and the Atkins diet. I hope I'll lost some kilos in the next year.
    Have a nice weekend and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I make the resolutions alright... somehow they don't get kept. I think I need a new list. LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks - so full of colour!
    Good for you for only making up alb over the Christmas period - the food sound pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blocks look fabulous! what a gorgeous quilt this is going to make. I am starting on my relaxing robin using my dresdans. be sure to check in on me and see my progress. am hoping some friends in blog land join me so we can see some neat quilts. congrats on your weight loss and your perseverance. 2014 I start my new way of eating. I ate my way through 2013 and now will pay LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you had a nice Christmas and well done with the diet! You'll have a fun year working on your crazy quilting :-) I try to focus on goals, what I'd like to achieve but not too specific!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you do with those crazy quilt blocks--love the fun colors and I'm feeling very tempted to make some too. I wish I could be a dedicated to a diet as you are--my resolve usually lasts about 24 hours--haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.