About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

BONNE ANNEE--HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS

Today my DH and I hot-footed it up to my son's house in MA @ 7 am, to drive him to hisOrthopedic doctor to have his broken wrist/arm/ thumb (??? whatever) evaluated and casted.  I baby sat for Fiona --our partay-gal--while Lin took Willa to MD for her shots.  So, Willa is very sore, of course, and this wonderful baby girl who never EVER complains is in distress...poor pumpkin...

Turns out, Jeff needs an MRI this Friday to determine just what is broken---oh..yes, and this is WHY:

.on Christmas Day he fell off the bumper of his car getting Christmas presents out of the top of the car carrier...and so ended up at our local Clinic to get a wrap and sling and x-rays...we had to open his presents for him...and generally wait on my baby boy..
.With a 2 yr old and a 4-month old babe in arms, things are rather hectic and difficult....not funny, in fact.

We are hoping that the MRI results are positive for just a bad sprain....in the meantime he has a half-cast and his thumb is immobilized.  We hated to leave them this New Year's Eve...
but at least Willa fell asleep and Jeff was able to relax his super sore arm...my baby....you know, you never ever stop being a "Mommy"....

As the year sets along with the sun above, we are resting and looking forward to yet another wonderful year with our family....and I am sending  a huge thank you to all my followers and commenters for making this year a banner one for me--I am very grateful for all your interest and your thoughts......

Hugs, and our best to you all

Love, Julierose, La Blageuse

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too - wishing you good health and happiness in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs and well wishes to each of you, for all the different reasons they might be needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I hope he feels better soon. He's got a handful there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear... it's so discouraging when random accidents like that happen. Hoping that you've had good news and he is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonne Annee to you too, Julierose! They are still our "baby boy", when they hurt themselves, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh No - sorry to hear about your sons accident! Hope he's okay and gets good news from the MRI
    Happy New Year Julierose -

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that the wrist of your child gets better, and that it is now on the road to recovery!
    He is little late but I wish you a beautiful year of 2014, with a lot of enjoyment together with crazy quilts!

    Beautiful day
    Amitiés de France

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.