About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, December 9, 2013

MONDAY, MONDAY


Here are the first two block backgrounds for my Noveau Ladies. Actually, I am trying to do one a day and have them finished up to begin embroidering in January.

Here is the other one (plus the one on the left above):


This is the 3rd one I did--yesterday and










Here is the first one from Friday.








this is actually harder than I imagined it would be.
Not only am I matching colors to the ladies' dresses, but trying to blend the blocks somewhat
as they will be in one big piece...AND NOT USE TOO MANY OF MY PRINTS (lol) so that I'll have space to stitch..........
the fabric on the right of Red Lady is the one that seems to
blend best with them all and I am going to incorporate it into all the blocks--hopefully that will pull them together!  

You don't want to see my cutting table right now      ;---0

I also managed to finish up basting my Cabin in the Woods, so I will be hand quilting it--I really
wanted to finish it up and hang it for Christmas, but....well,,,,we'll see how that goes.  

Hugs to you all this freezing-rainy-sleety-snowey-Winter Monday...
Julierose, La blageuse

4 comments:

  1. looking great as usual. You would be surprised how the blocks of many fabrics looks great together once done.
    you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that once... I guess I'm better at planned things. Yours look wonderful! What's the secret? Lots of scraps? A variety of colors and shapes? I guess I just need more practice.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the problem when scrap piecing.....too many scrappy bits leftover and hanging around! When I string or crumb piece I try to just get it all done in one go or over just a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Lovely Julie! I'm impressed with your ambition! I started the Crazy Quilt BOM last year... only got through February! I'm looking forward to what you do with these wonderful blocks. Your ladies are all fabulous by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.